Riso Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ricecorp1

Riso Family

Post by ricecorp1 »

I'm trying to Find out any information on my Riso family name. I know my great grandfathers name was Giovanni Riso born between 1870-1880 he married Carmela Lamanna i think in massicelle Italy. They had two sons named Antonio riso and Luigi Riso & a daughter named Assunta . all the children were born in Brazil. My grandfather Luigi was born in 1910 and married Serafina Tambasco who was born in 1916 in the town of Futani. If anyone can find information or send me a link where I might find info that would be great. ricecorp@verizon.net Thank you
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Riso Family

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I would suggest writing to the comuni and requesting birth (and marriage, if applicable) certificates. You can find form letters in Italian here and here.

Note: Massicelle is a frazione (a neighborhood or hamlet) in Comune di Montano Antilla in the province of Salerno.

The addresses to write to are:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Montano Antilia
Via G. Bovio
84060 Montano Antilia (Sa)
Italy

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Futani
Corso Umberto I, 1
84050 Futani (SA)
Italy

Some comuni respond to email requests as well.

info@comune.futani.sa.it
info@comune.montano-antilia.sa.it

Birth/marriage/death photocopies of original registry pages are called: Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte

Birth/marriage/death computer-generated extracts are: Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

By the way, the estratti have the advantage of being easily readable. The copia integrale can be very, very, difficult to decipher, though they do contain more information (place and time of birth, midwife's name, etc).

See this thread for a discussion of cost (none) to obtain documents: http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 15103.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ricecorp1

Post by ricecorp1 »

I was told the same thing by someone else. I tried this email and it never works , always comes back not delivered or error. I don't think the email is good anymore info@ comune.montano-antilia.sa.it . I guess i'm going to have to mail a letter
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

ricecorp1 wrote:I was told the same thing by someone else. I tried this email and it never works , always comes back not delivered or error. I don't think the email is good anymore info@ comune.montano-antilia.sa.it . I guess i'm going to have to mail a letter
Sorry; the forum software inserts "space" characters on either side of the "@" symbol. Remove the spaces and it should work.
Carmine

ricecorp1

Post by ricecorp1 »

I had someone write me the letter in Italian. if i post it here or send it to you in private could you get it to the right place for me?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

ricecorp1 wrote:I had someone write me the letter in Italian. if i post it here or send it to you in private could you get it to the right place for me?
Ah, I wish I had magic powers! I would win lotto (just a million or two would suffice) then tell my wife to pack our bags, we're moving to Florence!

Try the email addresses again without the spaces this time. :)
Carmine

ricecorp1

Post by ricecorp1 »

I had someone write me the letter in Italian. if i post it here or send it to you in private could you get it to the right place for me?
ricecorp1

Post by ricecorp1 »

lol, ok i'll just send it and hope i can get the info. thanks agin