Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti

Postby rad9496 » 15 Jan 2010, 20:11

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the following surnames from the Celenza Valfortore region of Italy.

Zarelli, Angelicola, Iacaruso, & Cicchetti.

Specifically, I am looking for accurate information on the ancestors of a Giovannina Zarrelli who married Michele Stefano Angelicola in Italy in 1892. There are conflicting family trees on the web and they don't seem to make sense, honestly. For instance, Giovannina's grandfather is listed as being born AFTER his father. Things like that. I am pretty sure that her father married Teresa Spallone and had 4 children with her and then, (maybe) had her with an unknown mother. That's where I am stuck. I can't verify this. Can anyone help out?

Also, the ancestors for the same Michele S. Angelicola run cold. I think that his father was Nicola Maria Angelicola who married an Angela Maria Iacaruso but I cannot verify this fact. Along that same line, Nicola's father is Michele Angelicola who married Maria Giovanna Cicchetti. Nothing is known of these 2 marriages. Does anyone have any information?

Thank you very much for your help. :D

Re: Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti

Postby wldspirit » 15 Jan 2010, 21:16

Have you consulted microfilmed records?

Dates covered are rather extensive....1809 thru 1929

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Re: Surnames Zarrelli/Angelicola/Iacaruso/Cicchetti

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Jan 2010, 23:16

If you look at the micorfilmn bring along the book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson which is a companion book for the LDS microfilms. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”