Another Family mystery!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ladyleopard1106

Another Family mystery!

Postby ladyleopard1106 » 15 Jan 2010, 22:02

So....today my dad, one of his sisters, and myself met with his cousins. In the course of conversation, we found out that there was another brother and a sister. All I have to go on is that the brother's name was Luigi DiFronzo (also from Italy!) and he was older than Rafaelle (Ralph) and Angelo. I have no information on the sister sadly...but I don't think she ever came stateside. Bonus points to anyone who can help me figure this out! LoL.

-Lori

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Another Family mystery!

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Jan 2010, 23:11

Anyone of moderate intelligence can read and understand how to do your own Italian Genealogy Research by going to and reading the following website:

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

Now donate my points as you will. =Peter=
~Peter~

ladyleopard1106

Postby ladyleopard1106 » 16 Jan 2010, 00:08

Based on your rudeness you get no points from me. If I didn't need the help I clearly wouldn't be on here.

carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby carolinechurch » 16 Jan 2010, 01:48

I think what Peter is trying to tell you, is to have a go yourself - you've been very lucky to have had so much help from the amazing group of people using this site, but it is actually very rewarding and fulfilling to learn how to do it yourself.
A little healthy sarcasm is a great thing.
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.

seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby seabreezes1 » 16 Jan 2010, 04:34

God knows, we all have to start somewhere and we all come up against roadblocks. The important thing is too keep things organized, preferably with a genealogical tool/database. They make it easy to recall information and relationships and to print out charts.

The site referenced above is outstanding! I'm going to use some of the tips there. Another tip I'd offer is, if you can find a US DOD, get a copy of the obituary from the local library and check out the city archives, deaths. Lots of useful hints can be garnered from those. Also, when looking up Ellis Island records, read the entire original manifest. Another source of wonderful clues. Finally, to put things into perspective, know your history. Being a genealogist means doing some historical reconstruction.

When I started, I knew nothing about my paternal grandfather's sisters, yet I found wonderful stories on all 3 of them, plus aunts I didn't know anything about. However, I can't even get a toehold on my maternal side. Maybe the tips on the DIY website will help.

Good luck!

FWIW: http://web.me.com/seabreezes1/Karen_Spe ... _Tree.html

Return to “Italian Genealogy”