Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
valM

Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca

Post by valM »

My great grandfather, Alessandro Lucchesi was born in Lucca around 1830/1. His father, Paolo, was a brushmaker and Alessandro was an image maker. This is all the information I have about him. As I don't know if Lucca was the comune, province etc is it likely that I will ever be able to find any further information about him and his family? He married Maria Theresa Roli, born in Genova [1836/42?!], the daughter of Domenico Roli, a singer, in Cardiff, Wales in 1860.
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca

Post by inejenn »

One of my ancestors was also an Image Maker, he was Pietro Paulucci, and I have a Marriage Bond dated 1783 where he was in York, England and paid £200 for the Bond. I have drawn blanks with any research further back than that, apart from I think his father's name was Benjamin. I would like to know where he came from and why and how he got to England.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Lucca is in Tuscany the comune of Lucca website is
http://www.comune.lucca.it/flex/cm/page ... agina/3550

Civil State archives begin from the year 1866, previously significant life events (baptism, marriage and death) were recorded in the records of parishes and search can be made through the Archbishop's Curia according to the website
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Thank you adelfio, I have checked out the website but I don't understand Italian!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Use your windows live translation on the page hit right mouse button on the page it will go to english
Marty A
thelmandlou

Post by thelmandlou »

Hi.

Have you found any info yet... this IS my family.

My g.grandmother is Elizabeth Lucas - changed from Luchessi.. her father John Lucas/ Luchessi whose father was Andrew Lucas/ your g father :)

If you still need help let me know I have a few bits.

Louise
pluchessi

Post by pluchessi »

Hi Louise,

Believe it or not, I just saw your post from Jan 2012 and am interested in any information you may have. My grandfather, Alessandro Luchessi (sometimes spelled Lucchesi) was born in Tassignano, Lucca and emigrated to the USA in 1900, where he married Elide (also called Ida) Maggesi. They lived in Stockton, CA. He worked for the Western Pacific RR for the most part.

I believe Alessandro may have a brother, Antonio, who also lived in Stockton, but I haven't been able to confirm this connection. There may have also been another relation, Pietro Lucchesi, who lived with Alessandro around 1904 -07 as far as I can determine.

Alessandro also used the name "Andrew" -- it appears on several censuses and in some City directories, as well as on his citizenship applications and final citizenship documents. However, his death certificate and gravestone use the name Alessandro Lucchesi.

I hope this gives you some info to tell if you and I may be related. Please contact me at my regular email: rluchessi@msn.com

Thanks!

--Rob Luchessi