Di Francesco from Lanciano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Di Francesco from Lanciano

Postby DeFilippis78 » 19 Jan 2010, 02:36

Somebody contacted me through ancestry. They gave me a new contact in my family tree. It is my great grandmothers aunt. I only know my great grandmothers parents names and nothing else because they never came to America. But now that I learned her mothers sister came here I was hoping to find some info on her. Her name is Giovanna Di Francesco. She was born in 1877 in Lanciano and came here in 1902 and died in 1965. Im hoping I could locate naturalization records or social security app to find out more about her parents but Im not having any luck. She lived in Manhattan so Im assuming if she naturalized I should find the record online. No luck. Any tips?

Broken down:
Adelina Lazzaro: my great grandma
Francesca Di Francesa: great great grandma stayed in italy (adelinas mom)
Giovanna Di Francesca: Francesca's sister, Adelina's aunt,probably the only one to come to America

Alicia

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Di Francesco from Lanciano

Postby misbris » 19 Jan 2010, 03:51

You did not say if you had the manifest, so I am posting this for reference. Is this the correct person?

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0022

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 19 Jan 2010, 03:53

Yes thats her. I just learned today of a relation to her and the town of Lanciano in my family tree so Im anxious to find more. I was hoping to find out not so much about her life here but records that would have her parents names

Alicia

Emmy
Master
Master

Postby Emmy » 19 Jan 2010, 12:08

Hi Alicia
Just interested in the fact you have De Filippis as one of the family names.
My grandparents surname was DeFilippis and came from Sant'Elia and Aquafondata in the province of Frosinone Just wondered if there was any connection here.
Emmy

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Jan 2010, 12:31

To locate parents names go to www.ssa.gov/foia_guide.htm and look under "make your request on line" It may cost something but well worth it I think. =Peter=
~Peter~

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 19 Jan 2010, 13:41

Emmy wrote:Hi Alicia
Just interested in the fact you have De Filippis as one of the family names.
My grandparents surname was DeFilippis and came from Sant'Elia and Aquafondata in the province of Frosinone Just wondered if there was any connection here.
Emmy

Actually all the De Filippis's I know of on my side came form Vasto. Thats in Chieti in Abruzzo. How closes are the towns you listed to Vasto? De Filippis is my maiden name.

Alicia

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 19 Jan 2010, 13:43

PeterTimber wrote:To locate parents names go to www.ssa.gov/foia_guide.htm and look under "make your request on line" It may cost something but well worth it I think. =Peter=

That link doesnt work anymore. I just checked. Is that basically to find out names through a social security application?

Alicia

Lazzaro77

Postby Lazzaro77 » 28 Jan 2010, 20:40

Hi, alicia
I am one of your Lazzaro cousins from the bronx. well my Lazzaro family is originally from the bronx. I was raised also in nj.I am sure you have come across me and your family in your genealogy search. my Father is raymond lazzaro, grandfather aldo lazzaro, great grand parents Giulio lazzaro and maria marino lazzaro, great great grandparents Tommaso Lazzaro and francesca Difrancesco. I am in contact wth your sister tiffany.
i heard from my grandmother Violet lazzaro today that they have heard from a cousin with the last name of salvatore. that she was in contact with one of robert's daughters. I am wondering if it is you or tiff. grandpa received a wonderful picture from this cousn ellen. so after grandma's phone call today got me looking into the famiy history again. I am in contact with alot of our DeFilippis cousins. would love to hear from you. my email is Katbloch change to@ gmail.com love your cousin kathleen Lazzaro

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 28 Jan 2010, 20:47

Hello Kathleen. Its actually me who spoke to this woman. Her name is Ellen , last name Salvatore. Her father is cousins with Giulio and my great grandmother Adelina. Her grandmother is Francesca De Franceseco's sister, Giovanna. Thats where I found the lead to family from Lanciano. She also managed to get me a picture of Adelina when she was 35 in 1922. it was wild to see her so young. Its very nice to meet you!! My email is wolfiewinter@comcast.net

Alicia

Return to “Italian Genealogy”