Antonio Graziano - Searching for info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio Graziano - Searching for info

Postby Jim2814 » 19 Jan 2010, 18:46

Hi All,

I am searching for information regarding my grandfather, Antonio Graziano. What I do know came from the ship manifest. That he came to the US in June 5, 1903 on the SS Palatia sailing from Naples. His home town in Italy was Roccadaspide. I found hin in the 1920 census and I know he died in 1930 in Newark, New Jersey.

My questions are these: Is a death record available online? How can I find out if any relatives are still in Roccadaspide, Italy?

Thanks to all. Your help in the past has been great!!!

Jim2814

vj
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Graziano - Searching for info

Postby vj » 19 Jan 2010, 19:14

Hi,
This may help you locate family currently living in Italy.

White pages:
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html

LDS Family Search Letter Writing Guide

Form Letter to a Possible Relative
---

Not many NJ vital records are online

Ordering from the State of NJ
http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/start.shtml

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 19 Jan 2010, 20:14

I had a great deal of luck using church and cemetery records from The FHC. The have many Newark records. Do you have an address on the 1920 census, that will help pinpoint which church and cemetery might have records.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

tiernotours

Postby tiernotours » 03 Jan 2012, 13:18

Hi Jim,
My name is Pasquale Tierno I live in Roccadaspide, I know the Graziano family here in Rocca if you want to contact me you can. There is a Antonio Graziano living here today he is about 42 years old he also has a brother Roberto and a sister, his father's name was Vincenzo. I hope that will help you.You know that all first boys are name after their grandfathers so it is likely that is your line.
good luck on your scarch
Pasquale

Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jim2814 » 04 Jan 2012, 04:58

Hi Pasquale,
Thank you for your note. Could you find out if anyone in that family knows of an Antonio Graziano that he came to the US in June 5, 1903 on the SS Palatia sailing from Naples? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Jim

tiernotours

Postby tiernotours » 04 Jan 2012, 12:02

Jim you can go on face book and talk to them directly Roberto Graziano living in England he speaks english and can give you more info then I could. I am related to him by the Tierno family line and i'm not aware of his Graziano family history. Let me know how it goes, keep in touch.
Pasquale

Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jim2814 » 06 Jan 2012, 23:46

Pasquale,
Thank you for your help. So much time has passed, it is hard to find out information. Thanks again, Jim

Return to “Italian Genealogy”