Nomi Italiani / Italian Given Names

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Nomi Italiani / Italian Given Names

Postby johnnyonthespot » 27 Jan 2010, 20:40

I am not certain this site has been mentioned before, so I offer it to you now.

It lists more Italian given names than I can recall seeing in one place and is especially helpful when trying to decipher never-before-seen handwritten names (such as the "Egidio" I was just looking up).

http://www.nomix.it/700a.php
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Nomi Italiani / Italian Given Names

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Jan 2010, 20:46

Each list claims to be the largest in the internet starting with baby names on up. Google it and you can have your pick among the 4,000,000+ "The largest list of italian names on the internet" =Peter=
~Peter~

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 30 Jan 2010, 07:30

Yes, Peter you're right but its still great when any of our member take the time to post a link they have found helpful - you never know who may need it, right?

Thanks Johnny!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Jan 2010, 10:57

PeterTimber wrote:Each list claims to be the largest in the internet starting with baby names on up. Google it and you can have your pick among the 4,000,000+ "The largest list of italian names on the internet" =Peter=

Peter, the above Google search does not imply that there are 4,000,000+ Italian-name-lists that claim to be the largest and does not even imply that there are 4,000,000+ Italian-name-lists.

It simply says that there are 4,000,000+ web sites containing the words "Internet", "name", "list" and "largest," in any order even if they are not adjacent...

Return to “Italian Genealogy”