Looking for information on Rosario Michele and Maria ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bivalacqua
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for information on Rosario Michele and Maria ?

Postby Bivalacqua » 29 Jan 2010, 05:54

Can anyone find any information on Rosario Michele? I hoping if I find anything on him I can find more information on his wife. I have the marriage certificate but its really hard to make out!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Looking for information on Rosario Michele and Maria ?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 29 Jan 2010, 09:49

Bivalacqua wrote:Can anyone find any information on Rosario Michele? I hoping if I find anything on him I can find more information on his wife. I have the marriage certificate but its really hard to make out!

Do you know anything about him at all? Where he lived? Approximate birth year? Family members?

On the marriage certificate, is this an Italian document? How do you come to have it? If it is a "copia integrale" (a photocopy of the original handwritten registry entry), two suggestions:

1) Scan it and post it to the Italian Language, Handwriting, Script and Translations Forum. People there work wonders every day.

2) Write to the comune and request a "Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Matrimonio". This will usually be a computer-generated extract and will be much easier to read. While you are at it, get a Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita" (birth certificate) as well.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Bivalacqua
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Bivalacqua » 21 Feb 2010, 20:15

The certificate I have is from orleans parish. All I could find out was that his wifes name was maria (cant really make out her last name very well) and his daughters name is Giovannina (jennie) Michele (or Michell). not sure of any other kids they have.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 22 Feb 2010, 06:48

This is what I read:
The groom name is Salvatore Bevilacqua son of Francesco and Grazia Bambina. The bride is Giovanna Miche daughter of Rosario (?) and Maria Catalano. Marriage date: April 26, 1908

Return to “Italian Genealogy”