Pezzini, Penzinni?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
iriminage

Pezzini, Penzinni?

Postby iriminage » 30 Jan 2010, 23:03

I was told by my grandfather that his grandfather was named Eugenio Alenjandro Penzinni, born in Aosta, Italy. I haven't been able to find the surname Penzinni anywhere. The closest I could come was Pezzini. My grandfather's father, Amedeo Alejandro Penzinni (son of Eugenio) was born in Avila, Spain and immigrated to Argentina where my grandfather was born.
My grandfather changed his last name to Penzien when he immigrated to the U.S.A. I'm lost! Can't find Penzinni's anywhere!! Any help?
Dam

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Pezzini, Penzinni?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Jan 2010, 23:17

Review this site to see if you can find any names that strike you as possibilities, then use the Italian telephone directory to check for presence in Aosta.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Pezzini, Penzinni?

Postby misbris » 30 Jan 2010, 23:25

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There are a few Penzini on Ellis Island site, but it looks like thay were mistranscribed and the name is either Panzini or Ponzini, both of which appear in NW Italy, but not in Aosta.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”