Dual Citizenship

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jzcoach

Dual Citizenship

Postby jzcoach » 31 Jan 2010, 14:33

I am thinking of using Italianamericancitizenship.com to obtain my dual citizenship and would like to know if anybody has had any experience with them. Good or bad.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Dual Citizenship

Postby PeterTimber » 31 Jan 2010, 14:40

Have you thought about a simiar organziation near where you reside? =Peter=
~Peter~

jzcoach

Postby jzcoach » 31 Jan 2010, 14:49

Yes, but can't seem to find one

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 31 Jan 2010, 15:08

jzcoach wrote:Yes, but can't seem to find one

Many of these services have developed quite poor reputations and it is suggested that you research very carefully any such organization before writing a check.

If I may inquire, how many generations must you reach back to your Italian-born ancestor? How much information do you have in regards to your lineage? Which consulate will you be applying through (or, in other words, where is your legal residence)?

You may be surprised to learn that the dual citizenship process can be relatively painless depending on the specific circumstances of your lineage. There are many people here on this board who can and will offer the best of assistance in locating documents and many more who have completed (myself, for one) or are in process of applying for dual citizenship; so, many people here to offer advice and a shoulder when necessary.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”