More Birth Record Translations - Venezia - Atripalda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

More Birth Record Translations - Venezia - Atripalda

Postby JoeVenezia » 06 Feb 2010, 01:11

Hello All,

I would like to enlist your expert help again...attached are two parts of the same birth record for Vincenzo Di Benedetto (son of Gaetano Di Benedetto and Mariangela Nazzaro) born on Sept. 29, 1852, correct?

My question is on part II below....why are my G-G-G Grandfather Raffaele Venezia (age 63?) and my G-G-Grandfather Gaetano (age 32?) listed on this birth record? Were they witnesses? Godparents? Was it in their house?

Interesting thing is that my G-G-Grandfather Gaetano (above) married Emanuela Nazzaro and my G-Grandfather Raffaele (Gaetano's son) married Concetta Di Benedetto...these families were clearly very close in Atripalda!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Surnames: Venezia (Atripalda), Ciotti (Roccagorga), Di Giacomo (Polla), Tassi (Ceccano)

Re: More Birth Record Translations - Venezia - Atripalda

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Feb 2010, 16:44

Raffaele and Gaetano were indeed witnesses. The baby was presented at the Casa Comunale by Giuseppa Sarno.

The child was born at the house on Strada Mercato which seems to be the house where the child's parents reside (domiciliati strada mercato) at the end of your page 1. It also seems to be the house where Signora Sarno resides. Whether this house belongs to Raffaele or Gaetano, I could not say.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”