Guccione

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
guccionesix

Guccione

Postby guccionesix » 06 Feb 2010, 05:40

Looking for further genealogy records on a Damiano Guccione born in 1846 Who was married to a Ignazia Salvo who was born in 1850.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Guccione

Postby johnnyonthespot » 06 Feb 2010, 12:34

guccionesix wrote:Looking for further genealogy records on a Damiano Guccione born in 1846 Who was married to a Ignazia Salvo who was born in 1850.

Once you get into the 1850's, 40's, and earlier, you have to start thinking about researching church/parish records.

Even if you know where to begin (comune), this can still be a daunting task. Large comuni may have many parishes and you often must hire a professional researcher to obtain access to their records.

What else do you know of Damiano and Ignazia? Birthplace? Did they live their entire lives in Italy or emigrate and die elsewhere? Married in Italy (where?) or elsewhere?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Guccione

Postby PeterTimber » 06 Feb 2010, 14:04

Most cities, towns and vbillage Comunes have records dating back to 1809 while some others have differing pre 1850 records in their Registry offices (UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE)

Go to www,angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/italian-form-letters.html
for form letters to be sent to their respectiuve Uffrico di Stato Civile. www.nonsolocap.it and p[ut in comune name and then click CERCA and then click on the comune for the administrative page and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for thye address. There is no charge for documents inmost cases. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”