Mangini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
raquella

Re: Mangini Family

Post by raquella »

MAMMA MIA!!! I'm still shaking for the surprise!! I'm Raquel Mangini... living in California USA, born in Argentina, my great-grand-father was Pietro Mangini. He and his brother Cristofero, and their friend Giuseppe Milesi founded the Colonia San Pedro, in the province of Cordoba, Argentina in 1868. It was named after San Pietro D'Orzio.
Later Francesco Mangini, another brother, emigrated to San Pedro.
I visited San Pietro D'Orzio, and in the cemetery I found that that where Manginis married to Milesis.
I gathered information connecting names. Unfortunatelly during the war, a lot of records where lost, which made difficult to connect some of the names of my ancestors.
I got all possible information from my father and my grandmother Pautasso de Mangini, torinesa.
Are we family?!!
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi, you might want to also try this website. If the came through Ellis Island you will be able to find them. It is free to registar.

http://www.ellisisland.org/
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
martinbasail

Post by martinbasail »

Raquella,
I dont know why i cannot send private messages. Neither to you nor anyone.
Your ancestors were the main reason that made me think that my great great grandfather was from San Pietro D'orzio. I read about the brothers in the Colonia San Pedro website.
If you want I can give you my email martinbasail@gmail.com, we can continue there...
Martin
raquella

Post by raquella »

Matin and everyone that wish to get in touch..... I speak Spanish, some Italian.... My husband Michelangelo, besides English and Spanish also speaks Italian and Portuguese and He is involved in this topic.

My e-mail is ursulaarmand@hotmil.com

I have lot of personal information and some pictures, because we are compiling the family tree.
Alex.mangini

Post by Alex.mangini »

Hi my names alex mangini i currently live in philadelphia Pa, my great-grand-father was Cristobal Mangini who founded San Pedro Cordoba Argentina, married to Emma Zhennder. My great-great grand father was Francisco Mangini married to Francisca Druetta. My grand father was Oscar Mangini. Everyone of them were raised in San Pedro. I think My dad always used to talk about Cristofito Mangini who i think was cousins with my great-gand father ( he had 3 daugthers).
So what you actualy wrote on here verifies with what my genealogic tree tells, I have a lot of documentation about all this date before 1900s. around 1850s.
My dad heard a lot about the Milessi and on the 100th aniversary of Morteros cba. he was with one of the Milessi's son.
Please write back with more info, i have lots of pictures from the 1850s, documents etc. i also speak and write fluent spanish.

you can contact me at : alex.mangini@yahoo.com thank you!
leej

Post by leej »

I am also doing Mangini/Mancini research. I have the birth certificate from Italy for a Francesco Mancini born 5 April 1875 in Pulcherini, a frizone of Traetto, now Minturno. He married Civita Zenzillo 1 June 1894. After his arrival in the USA in 1910, the spelling was changed to Mangini. I beleive that the "c" in Mancini is a hard "c" that sounds like "g" thus Mangini.
Alex.mangini

Post by Alex.mangini »

Your absolutely right, there was a few migrations to Argentina and a few up north America. ManCini was then converted into manGini
sjfee

Post by sjfee »

I am doing ManCini research with little or no luck. My great grand father is/was Carmine Mancini and his wife, my great grand mother, was Angela Iezzy,ie, i. There is a marriage license for my grand parents, Camillo DiLallo and Nicoletta Mancini with my grand mothers name spelled ManGini....it was from the US....family still used the correct spelling of Mancini...

Just need a line on my Mancini ancestry before my great grand parents, Carmine and Angela Mancini. Carmine was from Lettomanoppello and Angela was from Turri, they came to America in the late 1890's, early 1900's.
Inky777

Post by Inky777 »

I too, am looking for Mangini...specifically Francesco Mangini whom married Maria Scarpella(o)(i)...believe they married in 1882...

Their kids I remember were Joseph, Tom, John, Anna, Frank...Frank J Mancini (the 'C' came in later) married Ida Centrella in New Jersey in 1935...

If any of these are familiar, please let me know...also at JDtheVampire777@aol.com

Thanx...
laurie55

Post by laurie55 »

I am hoping to get some help with finding out information about my great grandparents.
My grandmother was Rose Mangini (1896(Italy) - 1984), she was about 15 I believe when they came to the United states. She had two sisters.. Mary Grace Mangini (1900-1979), Mary Mangini (Oct 7,1907 to Feb 13, 1963), and one brother Anthony Mangini (Jan 24, 1903 to March 18, 1977). My grandmother married Theodosio Grippo (1891-1949). I do not have any information on his parents, but I know he was born in Italy. My grandmother's parents were Francesco Mangini (1875-1934) and Civita (Julia) Zinzilla Mangini (1870-1937). If anyone has any information about any of these people, please contact me! Thanks!
Tomisanchez4960

Post by Tomisanchez4960 »

HELLO, I'M FROM ARGENTINA. I'M SORRY BEACUSE OF ANSWERING 10 YEARS LATER, BUT MARGARITA MILESI WAS MY ANCESTOR. TALK TO MY EMAIL: tomisanchez4960@gmail.com