Coco / LoCoco - Piedimonte Etneo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LaPecorella

Coco / LoCoco - Piedimonte Etneo, Sicily

Postby LaPecorella » 16 Feb 2010, 03:11

I am in search of cousins that live somewhere in New York State. My mother & I are in Putnam County & as far as we know, our cousins should be fairly close by. My great grandparents were Giuseppe Coco & Maria DiMauro from Piedimonte Etneo Sicily. Giuseppe had 2 brothers (pictured below...Giuseppe on the far right) Alfio & M.. (not sure of the name of 1). Their parents were Salvatore Coco & Venera (Macarone?). Alfio moved to NY & we were told that at Ellis Island the name changed from Coco to LoCoco. He came on Mar 16, 1911 from the port of Naples If anyone has any information please let me know, we would love to get in touch with our cousins!

Thanks,

Valentina

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Coco / LoCoco - Piedimonte Etneo, Sicily

Postby PeterTimber » 16 Feb 2010, 05:19

Have yhou tried reviewing the telephone directory for NY State at www.numberway.com? Just type inthe familyname and NY state and nothing else. First names in families tend to stay active from generation to generation and may be worthwhile contacting one or more and simply ask if they are your cousins. =Peter=
~Peter~

LaPecorella

Postby LaPecorella » 16 Feb 2010, 12:08

Thanks Peter... When I have time I'll try it out.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 16 Feb 2010, 15:07

LaPecorella wrote:I am in search of cousins that live somewhere in New York State. My mother & I are in Putnam County & as far as we know, our cousins should be fairly close by. My great grandparents were Giuseppe Coco & Maria DiMauro from Piedimonte Etneo Sicily. Giuseppe had 2 brothers (pictured below...Giuseppe on the far right) Alfio & M.. (not sure of the name of 1). Their parents were Salvatore Coco & Venera (Macarone?). Alfio moved to NY & we were told that at Ellis Island the name changed from Coco to LoCoco. He came on Mar 16, 1911 from the port of Naples If anyone has any information please let me know, we would love to get in touch with our cousins!

Thanks,

Valentina

Hi,
Hi Alfio LoCoco married at Maria( b. 2 dec 1890) had 2 children: Venera( 13 nov 1915) and Salvatore ( 10 nov 1916); by petitiopn of naturalization you can read:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1483/a ... zation.jpg

the WWII enlistment:
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Alfio Lococo
Name: Alfio Lococo
Birth Date: 12 Jan 1888
Birth Place: Gatania
Residence: New York, New York

Race: White
Roll: WW2_2368212
maybe by Salvatore children can be possible make a family's reunion... I no found other helpful data... however in some way it could be possible to search more infos...
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

LaPecorella

Postby LaPecorella » 16 Feb 2010, 15:34

Wow! Thank you so much! This info seems to be correct especially the names of the children, they would match the names of their grandparents. I'm going to run all this by my mother tonight & my nonna this weekend to see. I really appreciate it! Where did you search for all these documents?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 16 Feb 2010, 15:38

The records are on Ancestry.com website!
Best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”