biondo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
anniebella

biondo

Post by anniebella »

I am looking to obtain information on my great grandparents. They resided in Cardeto Italy. My grandfather was Natale Biondo, his parents were Antonio and Francesca Biondo. I would like to know links to use to get birth certificates etc. to my lineage
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: biondo

Post by PeterTimber »

Simple enough provided you can come up with a date, year or even an approximate year of birth intheir names requesting births, marriage or death records in Cardeto

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
for the form letter sin Italian to make your request and to mail them to the Cardeto UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE. The address is located under MUNICIPIO inthe Cardeto websigte at www.tuttitalia.it/calabria/42-cardeto

There is no charge for rerquesting documents. =Peter=
~Peter~
anniebella

Post by anniebella »

thank you for the information. I will try sending a letter in hopes of finding those birth certificates. Another question, we know my grandfather had a brother, Antonio. We don't know any other information about him. From what we understand he migrated to South America. What is the best way to locate any information on him? He too lived in Cardeto.
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

If you could give me a birth-, marriage-, or dyingdate (before 1920) I could take a look for you next wednesday when I will go to the archive in Reggio Calabria.
The name Biondo came from the name Brundo (17th century) and changed in the 18th century to Blundo and later on Biondo.
Perhaps my website http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogiche.htm will become interesting for you in the future.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I have 72 Biondo surnamed immigrants listed for Argentina and I need a first name andyear of birth to make sure its your relative. If not then we will check the other surrounding nations until we find him. =Peter=
~Peter~
anniebella

Post by anniebella »

Peter
thank you for the information unfortunately I do not have a date of birth, don't know if he was born before or after my grandfather who was born in 1884. I would assume he was older only because the name was the same as his father, but that's just a hunch.
My grandfather came to the US in 1913 so I would imagine that it was +/- 5 years that his brother went to Argentina.
There are no living relatives to ask these questions to.
thank you.
anniebella

Post by anniebella »

also his parents names were Antonio and Francesca Biondo if that helps
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I need the first name?? the date of birth is secondary. =Peter=
~Peter~
anniebella

Post by anniebella »

antonio biondo
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You may already have this, but I am posting it for reference.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0017
choprjohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by choprjohn »

Apiapibij Im sorry to hijack this thread but I saw you were going to the archives in Reggio Calabria. Would it be possible to look up my grandparents Vincenzo Iemma born 1880 & Maria Rose Iemma born 1881 in Cittanova Reggio Calabria. Anything you could find would be helpful. If I am too bold or this is an imposition, I apologize. Either way thank you in advance Johnnie
Researching IEMMA, From Cittanova, Reggio Calabria, also YEMMA & AMIE from Syracuse NY
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is only one ANTONIO BIONDO arriving in Buenos Aires in 1886 at age 24 making his birth year 1862. Out of the 72 this is lucky for you since this is your relative or not a relative and the answer is defintive.

If this seems like your Antonio please advise and I will take you further. For the moment you can check the Argentina telephone directory at
www.paginasblancas.com.ar under "nombre" puttin in Biondo, Antonio and click BUSCAR and nothing else. =Peter=
~Peter~
anniebella

Post by anniebella »

Thank you Peter but I believe Antonio would have arrived somewhere around 1913 +/- 5 years in Argentina. We don't believe he ever came to America, but someone found a lead that he may have come through afterall. He may have and then left from the USA.
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

@choprjohn
I was in the archive today, but I cannot help you because the Civil State of Cittanova from 1865 till 1920 is NOT in Reggio Calabria but in the archive of Palmi
From 1809 till 1865 the volumes are in Reggio though.
choprjohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by choprjohn »

Thank you very much for looking. I wonder why the records are in Palmi Johnnie
Researching IEMMA, From Cittanova, Reggio Calabria, also YEMMA & AMIE from Syracuse NY