Comune not responding

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Comune not responding

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Johnnie I agree with hou wholeheartedly, particularly because its the LAW and to be obeyed by the Comune. This is why I suggested poking the Mayor with this seductively by saying ....but Law 241 says...and I am confused...=Peter=
~Peter~
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Folks
We successfully obtain all sorts of documents from Comuni, the Italin tax authority, court docs etc. from all over Italy.

Just pick up the phone, ask for Stato Civile, get the name of the person, see if they have the record first, state your purpose for wanting the doc. and confirm with a fax since the Comune needs to assign a file number (Protocollo). They cannot refuse you by law

Of course, we are all Italians in the office and have no problem is speaking and writing a formal request.

In about 10 days it arrives in the mail. No charge unless you are asking for a death certificate.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

italianlaw wrote:Folks
We successfully obtain all sorts of documents from Comuni, the Italin tax authority, court docs etc. from all over Italy.

Just pick up the phone, ask for Stato Civile, get the name of the person, see if they have the record first, state your purpose for wanting the doc. and confirm with a fax since the Comune needs to assign a file number (Protocollo). They cannot refuse you by law

Of course, we are all Italians in the office and have no problem is speaking and writing a formal request.

In about 10 days it arrives in the mail. No charge unless you are asking for a death certificate.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
Yes, but you see, 1) Although you do not appear to be a law ofice, your name "Italian Legal Language Services" implies such, and 2) you make the request in spoken Italian.

That gives you two advantages over most of us.

I invite you to prove your case - I will give you the pertinent information and you can request a Certificato di Stato di Famiglia from my ancestral comune. If you obtain it in less than 2 weeks, I will be sure to recommend your services whenever appropriate. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Johnnie this is the law firm in San Francisco that deals with land matters in Italy and is reliable since we have exchanged referrals and pleasantries over the years. Just to allay any doubts you referred Alicia to him based upon my prior discussion with you. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Johnnie this is the law firm in San Francisco that deals with land matters in Italy and is reliable since we have exchanged referrals and pleasantries over the years. Just to allay any doubts you referred Alicia to him based upon my prior discussion with you. =Peter=
Yes, I noticed that.

My only concern is that - if they do have great success - it is because of their position as it were (as Italians and a law firm), not because they try harder or just "know the right way to ask".

And, from what I have heard to date, no one has been very successful where Roccasecca FR is concerned. :roll:
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)