HELP PLS- scecchitano/ mollica/ alba/ cannella (family tree)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leash
Rookie
Rookie

HELP PLS- scecchitano/ mollica/ alba/ cannella (family tree)

Postby leash » 24 Feb 2010, 10:02

Hi
I am doing my family tree and have hit a bit of a brick road. Was wondering if you lovely people could help me?
I am searching for Bartolo Scecchitano's parents and where and when he mwas married. He married Caterina Mollica, I'd love to know how they came to Australia and if it was via USA.
Also on my nan's side I am trying to find information on Domeinco Cannella parents and NUnnzuata Alba. Is there a letter that I can write that will provide more information than just the parents names & date of births. Also is there anything that will provdie there childrens names? As I know my nans parents had children just not sure how many and when
Thanks
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)

Cinaglia

Re: HELP PLS- scecchitano/ mollica/ alba/ cannella (family t

Postby Cinaglia » 24 Feb 2010, 11:08

Hi,
I just looked on the National Archives of Australia and noticed a Bartolo Scecchitano was naturalised around 1910, that document will have the details of his fathers name and how he arrived in Australia, plus his children's names and ages etc.

You can request a copy of it (either photocopy or digital) for a small fee, I am currently awaiting my Grandfathers to be digitalized their turnaround time is generally 30 days.

National Archives of Australia

Where did your ancestors settle? Was it Victoria?

Good luck with it.

leash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby leash » 25 Feb 2010, 06:38

O thank you- i didnt even think to look on there, yes they all settled and died, here, i guess my next option is death certificates.
Although my question with that is Nunnziata Cannella (ALba) didnt have parents listed on her b/c from italy so i doubt itll b on her d/c?
thank you i'm going to look now =0

Cinaglia

Postby Cinaglia » 25 Feb 2010, 07:27

If Nunnziata Cannella (ALba) died in Victoria, her family would have recorded her parents names if they knew them. You can if you dont already know, go to the Births Deaths and Marraiges site in Victoria and search the records.

The Historical Index contains entries relating to:
births in Victoria from 1853 to 1908
marriages in Victoria from 1853 to 1942
deaths in Victoria from 1853 to 1985
church baptisms, marriages and burials in Victoria from 1836 to 1853.

They often record the names spelt incorrectly, so its a good idea to use some of the search wildcards etc.

Good luck

leash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby leash » 26 Feb 2010, 09:55

thank you i had no idea i could do that =) family tree with little information is so hard, i would love to getinformation on the children she had apart from my nan....
but ill keep digging thank u 4 ure help =)

Cinaglia

Postby Cinaglia » 26 Feb 2010, 12:41

I wonder if you have access to Ancestry dot com? There are some records on there that might be of some interest to you.

Apart from searches on the sites I have already mentioned another good resource is the PROV website. I have found it helpful in the past and it does have records of wills and probate etc.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”