San Giovanni in Fiore - LOOKING..

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DebraNicastro

San Giovanni in Fiore - LOOKING..

Postby DebraNicastro » 24 Feb 2010, 23:59

Looking for relatives and info relating to my Father's family from San Giovanni in Fiore. Many relocated to West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Nicastro, Oliverio, Belcastro, Tiano, Magliarise, and Mancuso.
All input will be greatly appreciated and perhaps I can help you too!
Grazie,
Debbie Nicastro

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: San Giovanni in Fiore - LOOKING..

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Feb 2010, 00:16

Dear Debbie youmight want to look these surnames up in the extensive directory at www.numberway.com. The directory will provide intial infomation and then lead you to narrow down your research objectives.

I see your in Sherman Oaks and I have pleasant memories of time spent shopping in the Italian Salumeria (very reminiscent of NY) with their homemade sausage and Italian products and the couple of Italian restaurants. We spent a lot of time preparing for the Feast of San Gennaro in the marketing offices of the Precious Cheese people in Sherman Oaks and hence the familiarity with the town. Lots of luck and let me know if you need any additonal information. =Peter=
~Peter~

Totonno
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Totonno » 25 Feb 2010, 16:27

Ciao Debbie, the best way is to write to Mr. Domenico Laratta,he is the best expert in genealogical research, works at the town of San Giovanni in Fiore, so he can control the population registers. You can write to City Hall where he works or if you want to his home address which I will provide you later. Let me know

Take A glance at www.emigrati.it
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Feb 2010, 22:56

If your interested in researching your family back to Italy and early 1800's then go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html and make requests normally free of charge to the Town of origin(s) Ufficio di Stato Civile. www.nonsolocap.it and put in name of town and address form letter to Municipio of the town. =Peter=
~Peter~

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Feb 2010, 23:22

So if someone is interested in getting a decent amount of information on a surname and its history is this the easier way as opposed to doing it ourselves or hiring a pro?

Alicia

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Feb 2010, 23:32

a full name and date, year ofbirth or approximate year of birth for Birth,marriage and death records. A surname check is another set of sites
such as telephone directories. =Peter=
~Peter~

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Feb 2010, 23:38

No, I mean like how people have a pedigree of all the people listed over years and years. I mean back into the early 1800s and beyond.That needs a genealogist right?

Alicia

IngeOliverio

Postby IngeOliverio » 22 May 2010, 21:22

My husband's grandparents were both born in San Giovanni In Fiore - we are off to SGIF in a week and I was wondering if anyone knows how we can perhaps trace back where they lived or any other relatives while we are there? Anyone we should see there that can help? My husband's last name is OLIVERIO. Thanks! Inge Oliverio

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 22 May 2010, 21:29

Inge
Hello and welcome to this forum. You need to click on the link for new topic below your post and post your request again and then I or someone else on this forum will be happy to try to help you. This way you are not interfering with the thread posted by DebraNicastro.
Thanks

alisabown

Postby alisabown » 23 May 2010, 02:39

My grandfather, Paolo Oliverio, is from San Giovanni in Fiore--he was born in 1886. In fact, all the lines going back 5 generations are from this beautiful little village. I have vital record information for the Oliverio, Marra, and other surnames. I have been looking through some microfilm records that the LDS church has at their Family History library. We should e-mail about this--alisabown@yahoo.com

Totonno
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Totonno » 23 May 2010, 04:00

Ciao from Italy,I was born in San Giovanni in Fiore and want give you this advice : go to City Hall ask for mr Domenico Laratta and you,ll get any information you are looking for
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Return to “Italian Genealogy”