Looking for D'Alessandro relatives: August and Grace

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DonnaBialek

Looking for D'Alessandro relatives: August and Grace

Postby DonnaBialek » 26 Feb 2010, 01:07

I am looking for August D'Alessandro who grew up in Brooklyn, NY and whose mother's maiden name was Caradonio. She was from Campobasso, Italy and had 2 sons: August and Joey. August would be my first cousin once removed.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for D'Alessandro relatives: August and Gra

Postby PeterTimber » 26 Feb 2010, 14:12

o dates, no years no ages makes it difficult to know how to look. I checked the telephone book and there is one August up state NY and one Josephin New Jersey but who knows who they are?.Is the mother alive or deceased and what was her first name??=Peter=
~Peter~

DonnaBialek

Re: Looking for D'Alessandro relatives: August and Gra

Postby DonnaBialek » 26 Feb 2010, 14:48

I have very little information. I believe August and Grace would have been married in 1956 in New York. Both parents are deceased and probably would be in their 100's now. His mother was always referred to as "Aunt Susie" but I think her name may have been Assunta and his father's name may have been Gennaro because we called him "Uncle Gerry." I cannot find any information on Susie and Gerry arriving in the States from Naples/Campobasso. It might have been around 1922. Also, their son, Joseph passed away and I don't have that date either. However, if August had a son, he very well may have named him Joseph, but who knows. Thanks for looking into this for me. Best regards.---Donna

Return to “Italian Genealogy”