Ferri Family from Ancona, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ddoty52

Ferri Family from Ancona, Italy

Postby ddoty52 » 27 Feb 2010, 02:49

I am researching the Ferri Family. Serafino Aquadrio Ferri was born 1888 in Arcevia, Ancona, Italy. He died in 1960 in Mississippi, USA. I am trying to find out who his parents are and anything else about his family. If anyone knows how I can find this family, PLEASE help me! I would appreciate any help you can give.
Thank you,
Debbie

Romano1970
Master
Master

Re: Ferri Family from Ancona, Italy

Postby Romano1970 » 27 Feb 2010, 15:58

Hello Doty.

Did Serafino Aquadrio Ferri have a social Security #. if so you can contact the FOIA and get the long form of his application.

This document will have all information regarding his place of birth and his parents names on it.

http://foia.state.gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

Also if you can provide this site the dates he came to america the search can move on for you.

Michael Romano
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 27 Feb 2010, 16:06

Dear Doty here are two websites that should set you onthe path of all the answers you are seeking.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html
to familiarize you with Italian genealogy so you will know what to ask.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html for form letters to send to the Ufficio di Stato Civile (Vital records office of Arcevia) to request documents free of charge. Mail to address under MUNICIPIO. Scroll down to this meged.

www.tuttitalia.it/marche/88-arcevia If you need additional information please get back to us. =Peter=
~Peter~

ddoty52

Postby ddoty52 » 27 Feb 2010, 18:33

I do not have a SS# for Serafino. The only thing I have is the Dept. of Justice Alien Registration. It tells his name and that he was born Feb. 25, 1888 in Arcevia, Ancona, Italy.

Thank you both so much for the help. I will check the websites.

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 27 Feb 2010, 20:16

Do you have any American documents, ship's manifest, census records?

Meanwhile is are names of Ferri still in Arcevia.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... cevia&ind=

ddoty52

Postby ddoty52 » 28 Feb 2010, 00:49

I don't have any records that I can prove. I have been told that his American name was Charles Albert Ferry. His son is still living, Charles Albert Ferry, Jr. I cannot find him as Serafino, but I do find Charles on 3 different census records, but cannot prove it is him. All I know is where he lived and that he is buried in Mississippi. His son does not know anything about the ancestors, only that his father came here from Italy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”