Death Certificates in recent times

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mozzie
Rookie
Rookie

Death Certificates in recent times

Postby mozzie » 03 Mar 2010, 05:12

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can obtain a death Certificate for my uncle, Pietro Clocchiatti, born in Tavagnacco UD 1 February 1910, he emigrated to Australia, arriving in Sydney 28 February 1928.

He returned to Italy in 1947 and married my Aunt Giovanna Vedova nee Mozina, Widow from first marriage to Giusto Montanari on 16 October 1950 in Gradisca D' Isonzo UD.

He returned to Australia with my Aunt and baby Cousin in 1953.

I believe that sometime in the 1980s, Pietro and Giovanna separated, Pietro returned to either Tavagnacco or Gradisca D' Isonzo circa 1990.

I have no information regarding my Aunt's whereabouts or burial place, it could be Gradisca D' Isonzo or Vipavski Kriz in Slovenia (her ancestral home town).

David

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Death Certificates in recent times

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Mar 2010, 05:30

For Italy go to www.tuttitalia.it/friuli-venezia-giulia ... a-d-isonzo or www.tuttitalia.it/friuli-venezia-giulia/57-tavagnacco
and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address to send a form letter letter in Italian for the death certificate which maybe free of charge.Send to UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE in each town
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html is for the form letters and other documenhts youmay wish.

At the same time go to www.genealogylinks.net/europe/slovenia/index.html for records or cemetary search in VIPAVSKI KRIZ. =Peter=
~Peter~

mozzie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Death Certificates in recent times

Postby mozzie » 03 Mar 2010, 06:13

Thank you Peter,

I will try that now.

David

Return to “Italian Genealogy”