Pecoraro Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Pecoraro Family

Post by Mardi »

I am seeking help on the Pecoraro Family:
I am trying to find Census on the family.
Giuseppe (Joseph) Pecoraro married Calogera (Katie) Trombatore. Feb. 15, 1903 in New Orleans, LA.
According to their Obits their children names were Joseph, Jr, Salvador, Angelo and Lawrence. They had daughters, but on their obits it is listed by their husband names.

I cecked all the Census, but could not find them listed in the Census from Louisiana.

Any help will be truly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Mardi
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Pecoraro Family

Post by pink67 »

Mardi,

do you believe this military enlistment for the First World War could have been Joseph?

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Geo Pecoraro
Name: Geo Pecoraro
City: New Orleans
County: Orleans
State: Louisiana
Birth Date: 3 Jan 1875
Race: White
FHL Roll Number: 1684917
DraftBoard: 4

Nearest relative: Carrie Pecoraro at the same address, 931 Chartres Street - New Orleans - LA

image, from Acnestry.com

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsoIjlr

Laura

for references:

Pecoraro, Mrs. Colegere
Death date: 1948-03-27
Sex: F
Next of kin: Guiseppi Pecoraro (husband)

Obituary citation(s):
Times-Picayune, 1948-03-28, Pg. 10 col. 3

Item, 1948-03-27, Pg. 2 col. 8

States, 1948-03-27, Pg. 2 col. 2

and:

Pecoraro, Guiseppe
Death date: 1941-05-28
Sex: M
Obituary citation(s):
Times-Picayune, 1941-05-29, Pg. 2 col. 8

Times-Picayune, 1941-05-30, Pg. 2 col. 8
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Thank you so much for your help ... pink67. that is the correct death date for Calorgera. The Giuseppe Pecoraro that I have died Jan. 23, 1971 at the age of 96.

Don't think that is Giuseppe Draft Registration Card....but thanks for sending it.

By any chance, are there any Census on the family at all.

Mardi
ttrombatore

Re: Trombatore Immigration

Post by ttrombatore »

Mardi I am looking for immigration information for my grandfather Bernardo Trombatore to New Orleans. Can I find this online?

Terry Trombatore
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Sorry ttrombatore, I just saw your post. I do not have a Bernardo Trombatore on my Tree, but have lots of Trombatore's. Let me know who eles you are seeking.....most of my Trombatores are from New Orleans.
Mardi
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ttrombatore wrote:Mardi I am looking for immigration information for my grandfather Bernardo Trombatore to New Orleans. Can I find this online?

Terry Trombatore
Hi Terry, welcome! :-)

Are you sure about the arrival of Bernardo in Port of New Orleans?

Can you provide any details like date of birth, place of birth, siblings, parents, etc.?

T.
jones91187

Post by jones91187 »

I am seeking help on the Pecoraro Family:
I am trying to find Census on the family.
Giuseppe (Joseph) Pecoraro married Calogera (Katie) Trumbaturi(Trombatore). Their children names were Salvador, Joseph Jr, John, Angelo, Lawrence, Lee and Mary (5 boys/2 girls). I believe this is the same family as above. I am trying to find out who Giuseppe's parents & siblings were and when the family immigrated to the United States. I think they may have arrived in New Orleans. I have info on Calogera's side of the family dating back to 1536 in Corleone, Sicily, Italy, but have no info on Giuseppe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
afesmire

Post by afesmire »

@Pink67...

I disagree with Mardi. I believe that IS Giuseppe (Geo) Pecoraro's WWI Draft card. I am looking for one of the daughters. Can someone give me their husbands' names from the obituary mentioned?

Thanks so much for your help!

Alice Ann
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Sorry Alice Ann, just saw your post. In answer to your question Joseph Pecoraro daughter names on his obit were Mrs. Lee Bonvan, and Mrs. Merlin Wilson, hope this helps.
Mardi
afesmire

Post by afesmire »

Mardi,

And I just saw your reply. I haven't worked on this family for a long time. I have a daughter, Mary - who could be the Mrs. Merlin Wilson (??) and the other daughter is the ancestor of my daughter-in-law. Her name was Olivia, and her nickname was Lee. She married Frank Bonvan (Bongiovanni). Thanks for your help! Alice Ann
Trevy Organ

Post by Trevy Organ »

Not sure if I can help, but Olivia (Lee) Pecoraro Bonvan & Frank Bonvan (née Bongiovanni) are my maternal grandparents. Their only child, Joan Barbara is my Mom and still lives in the New Orleans area.

Mrs. Merlin Wilson is probably my Aunt Marion. I'm in regular contact with her 2 of her 3 daughters.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Tessa78 wrote:
ttrombatore wrote:Mardi I am looking for immigration information for my grandfather Bernardo Trombatore to New Orleans. Can I find this online?

Terry Trombatore
Hi Terry, welcome! :-)

Are you sure about the arrival of Bernardo in Port of New Orleans?

Can you provide any details like date of birth, place of birth, siblings, parents, etc

TESSA- BERNARDO TROMBATORE TO NEW ORLEANS JUNE1883- SS. ELYSIA, January 1883 ? PETER
~Peter~
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Peter! :D
I cannot find the 1883 June manifest you referenced above :-(

I did, however, find a Declaration of Intention for naturalization for a Ben Trombatore, who lists his arrival date at 6 December 1881 at New Orleans. No ship name given.
Issue date of August 1890, age of 36... Residence state: California

U.S., Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1795-1972 (World Archives Project) about Ben Trombatore
Name: Ben Trombatore
Birth Date: abt 1854
Birth Location: Italy
Arrival Year: 1881
Issue Date: 30 Aug 1890
State: California
Locality, Court: Los Angeles, California, Superior Court
Record Type: Declaration of Intention

link to image on Ancestry (bottom image)
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1193/30 ... turnRecord

T.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

1882 .....sorry for the typo on SS Elysia. Peter
~Peter~
aliceclandscape

Post by aliceclandscape »

Hello Mardi,
I am new to this, but I hope I can help clarify some things.

I, too, am looking for connections to Calogera Trumbaturi and am finding there are 2; both were born in Sicily, Italy, specifically Corleone; both immigrated to America and the Port of New Orleans - different years of course, and both lived in south Louisiana for a time. I have one married to a Guiseppe Latino, and eventually moved to California. The other married a Pecararo and stayed in Louisiana, I think. I am having trouble discerning which is the one I am looking for because I cannot find the documentation for clarification of either one's roots!!!

Calogera T. that I need, has a sister of Maria Rosa (who married Castrenze Arsena and lived in Patterson, La. These are my grandparents) and has 2 brothers Guiseppe (ended up in Calif) and Lorenzo (stayed in La.)
Their parents are Bernardo T. and Liboria Timpa.

Can you tell me the parents of Calogera Trumbaturi Pecararo? This would help both of us in the direction to go of finding more information. I am finding nothing on Calogera Trumbatori Latino from her past, either.

Let me know what you think, please!
Alice C.