help location records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pcastiglione

help location records

Postby pcastiglione » 05 Mar 2010, 19:02

Hello I new to this forum and I hope I am pacing this in the right section, I try to find information about my mother father. I have his naturalization certhicate # but can not find his information on the ellis island web site are there any other web site that I can search

Paul

misbris
Master
Master

Re: help location records

Postby misbris » 05 Mar 2010, 21:59

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum, :D

If you would like some help, post your grandfather's name and approximate place and date of immigration. If you want to look yourself, here is a site that will allow you to search by any category.

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellisgold.html

italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Postby italianlaw » 06 Mar 2010, 18:47

Post your grandfather's name, Italian town of birth, approx birth date. I will find it most likely in the Italian abondoned land registry

Anthony

pcastiglione

Postby pcastiglione » 07 Mar 2010, 14:59

Thanks for the help what I am looking for are online tools that can help me trace my family roots. From what I know 3 of my 4 grandparents came from Italy. I have found 2 of them using the Ellis island web site. But I have a Marriage License for my mother Father and Mother, It state that he came though Ellis island in on either 21 or 27 of June 1913. But when I do a name search nothing come up. Where do I do from here?

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 07 Mar 2010, 15:18

Use the site I gave you and search by the date. If the first name is unusual use that. Try using just first initial of last name. You have to play with it. Sometimes, the first letter is mistranscribed. Sometimes the whole name is garbled. :?

If you would like, send me a private message with his name and town he came from and I'll try to find it for you.

It is also possible he came in to Boston or Philly.

MJ :D

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 07 Mar 2010, 15:19

Here is another site to try.

http://labs.familysearch.org/

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Mar 2010, 16:30

P. Castiglione when you did the name check for the ellisisland arrival I assume you put in their italianfirst names and that you checked to see what ships arrived onthe date(s) of arrivalat NYC so that you can know right away if they are on certain ships without hunting all over the place by merely going thru the surnames and seeing if the person with a possible surnjame came on that ship arriving that day(s). =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”