Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Postby Felitti-Trimarco » 09 Mar 2010, 01:31

Hello!

My great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco (b. 1845 - d. 1906) was born in Castelluccio, Cosentino, a very small town in Salerno. The town is incredibly small and is currently only around a few hundred people. I was wondering if anyone out there knows whether or not there are any historical texts written about this town. If so, are they available in Italian, English or both? I am most interested in learning more about this town, it's history and current inhabitants.

Many many thanks for any advice anyone can provide. I am most grateful.

-Felitti/Trimarco

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Mar 2010, 05:03

Castelluccio Cosentino is a "frazione" (neighborhood or absorbed hamlet) by the Comune SICIGNANO DEGLI ALBURNI (SA) Campania.

There may be some reference to Castelluccio Cosentino in Italian at www.tiscali.it and put inthe title the name of Frazione and see what listings there are thatmaybe of interest to you. =Peter=
~Peter~

Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Postby Felitti-Trimarco » 14 Mar 2010, 15:55

Hello! Thanks for the information. It is most useful. Do you know if there are any books on the history of this town? From what I see, it's very small, only about 200 people. I would love to find a book which describes the town's history. Thank you everyone for reading my message!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”