Searching for birth record in Caxias do Sul, Brazil

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kthalken

Searching for birth record in Caxias do Sul, Brazil

Postby kthalken » 09 Mar 2010, 21:47

I am trying to locate the birth record of my grandfather, Adelchi Primo Mazzarolo, 18 July, 1895 in the town of Caxias do Sul, Brazil (or possibly Sao Paulo.) Does anyone know of how to best locate such civil records in Brazil and how I would get an Apostille for the record, too?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching for birth record in Caxias do Sul, Brazil

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Mar 2010, 23:13

Dear Kthalken adminstrative Brazil is Byzantine and not centralized and Portuguese is not a langiage that I am familiar with but can make my way and so please bear with me.

First of all CAXIAS Do Sul waspartially developed founded by Italian immigrants in Southern brazil and so you might want to send a request found for a birth record (use free translation for portuguese equivalent and the rest in english unless yhou know someone who knows the language.
You can send an e-mail to the City Hall by going to this website:
www.caxias.rs.gov.br/geral/contato.php for the request.

While your at it you may as well get acquanted with the city of Caxias Do Sul at www.answers.com/topic/caxias-do-sul and push comes to shove there is an Anglo Brazil section of the City University. ITS IN ENGLISH. Please go to Part 11 for Sao paulo. =Peter=
~Peter~

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching for birth record in Caxias do Sul, Brazil

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Mar 2010, 23:29

part 11- Possible birth record in Sao Paulo

Baptismal and Birth certificates may be obtained thru the Archdiocese of Sao Paulo. Send an e-mail in english with portuguese word for birth certificate (www.freetranslation.com)

The e-mail address is arquivo.curia.sp@terra.com.br (contact persons are JAIR or ROBERTO) Please keep me posted. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”