Tavino or Tavini Family, Montorsi, Sant'Angelo a Cupolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ltavino

Tavino or Tavini Family, Montorsi, Sant'Angelo a Cupolo

Postby ltavino » 10 Mar 2010, 16:48

tavino/tavini family, benevento area, italy
Buon Giorno!
I'm searching for info on the Tavino family from Montorso (Monte D'Orso, Motorsi), frazione di Sant'Angelo a Cupolo, province of Benevento, Italy. My grandparents both came from this small mountain town to New England around 1907-13. They told stories about the Tavinos that long ago had a palazzo (now crumbled) and were acquainted with a Pope and dignitaries that visited them. I have some names dating back to the 1700s, can speak/write Italian fairly well but am looking for more info and old engravings and history on the area.
thanks
Laurie

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Tavino or Tavini Family, Montorsi, Sant'Angelo a Cu

Postby misbris » 10 Mar 2010, 17:07

Hi Laurie and welcome to the forum,

I don't know exactly where you want to start. But here are some sites to sart you off.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/062/071/index.html

http://www.comunesantangelo.it/

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Tavino or Tavini Family, Montorsi, Sant'Angelo a Cu

Postby misbris » 10 Mar 2010, 19:42

Checked the name of the frazione. It is spelled Montorsi. :D

loudep

Re: Tavino or Tavini Family, Montorsi, Sant'Angelo a Cupolo

Postby loudep » 16 Nov 2011, 19:46

My grandfather is also from a frazione of Sant' Angelo a Cuppolo. It is named Montorsi Valle. Montorsi and Montorsi Valle are next to each other just over a mile from the Commune Sant' Angelo a Cuppolo.
I have visited Sant' Angelo a Cuppolo twice in the last 3 years and last August I found and visited my grandfathers brothers granddaughter. Not sure what the title of that relationship is but she is a cousin to me. The last name is De Pietro. Still living on the property that my grandfather left over 100 years ago. Would love to talk to anyone from the area to share info with. We plan on returning in July of 2012.
Ciao, Lou DePietro Holmes, PA. (Philadelphia Area of Pennsylvania)

Boufano

Postby Boufano » 17 Jun 2012, 23:53

I will also be in Montorsi Valle July 3-6 visiting my biological family on my maternal grandmother's side, the Milanos. So excited...also bringing some of my biological Mother's ashes home to Montorsi (the neighboring village), where she spent her summers. She was a Guerriero and we met after 20 years of my searching for her in 2005 and she passed away soon after before I could get more info, on the whereabouts of her family as she was estranged from them for over 40 years. After continued research I found just a handful of relatives in the US and have put together this trip. We are all bursting with excitement and anticipation over this reunion.

Larry (Lorenzo Ivo Guerriero)
San Francisco

ltavino

Postby ltavino » 19 Jun 2012, 00:56

what a story! I have an album full of old photos of montorso, sant'angelo a cupolo, calvi, benevento (early 1900s to 1950s) Please write. my email ltlauray@yahoo.com. the Guerriero name is familiar to me, some family is in enfield, ct.

Boufano

Postby Boufano » 25 Dec 2013, 08:35

I forgot all about this website. I met almost all of my family, the Guerrieros and Milanos in Montorsi and Montorsi Valle in July of '12. It was the most amazing experience of my life...best part is is that it's like we've known each other all of our lives, all forty plus family members!

Small world, I grew up in Connecticut and one of my closest friends lives in Enfield. As it turns out, my biological mother's sister lives in Worcester and we have become very close. I adore her and her two grown children and their families and have seen them a few times since my trip to Italy (my zia from Worcester was there in Italy at the same time and her presence there, to translate, etc. was invaluable).

I have many relatives in Montorsi, Naples, Benevento and Rome. Oh, if I were twenty years younger I'd expat in a heartbeat. I hope to go back this upcoming year and meet the family members that I've yet to meet in Bergamo and Milan.

I'm even giving very serious consideration to changing my name back to my birth name (to be added to my adopted name).

I realize I'm extremely lucky. Most people who go through the search effort don't have results like I have. It's been an amazing ride....

Return to “Italian Genealogy”