HELP! ARTILLIO BARTOLOTTA [/b]B. 1852 Cefalu

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
connie loud

HELP! ARTILLIO BARTOLOTTA [/b]B. 1852 Cefalu

Post by connie loud »

Hi, I am new to this forum. (I am searching for my 81 year old mother in law, Mary Bartolotta. ) According to Ellis Island records, Atillio (should be an "r" in there) a shoemaker from Cefalu came to Chicago IL to see his son,Filippo. Artillio was widowed (believe his wife was Giusippina Alphonsa, but have no proof) and left his brother, Giuseppe, back in Italy. I believe Artillio returned to Italy - as I cannot find his death record in the U.S. Furthermore,I found on Ellis Island - Giuseppe, a shoemaker from Isnello, came in 1921 to see his son Antonino in Chicago. Giuseppe was born 1859 -- I believe these two are brothers -- but I need to find birth certificates/ baptism records for them to find their parents' names. According to family history, these are two of the 7 Bartolotta brothers and one sister: Placido; Giovanni; Giuseppe; Filippo; Artillio; Antonino; Domenico; and Giovanina. My mother in law's father was Antonino - her grandfather was Filippo, son of Artillio. If anyone can help me find this information, it would be so wonderful to give this knowledge to my dear mother in law. I am not too busy to follow up on urls' or links, either! Thank you in advance!
Connie[/b]