Help Finding Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Help Finding Records

Postby nmaritch » 21 Mar 2010, 02:01

Hi,
I have a general genealogy question. How do you find records of people who died, if they didnt have a SS number, or if they died between censuses. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NM

aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help Finding Records

Postby aliza24 » 21 Mar 2010, 15:02

Hi NM,

If you give us some more specifics we could probably help out more. It's hard to answer general questions because each place and time period has different resources available.

Maybe you could re-post with a name / date / place - or as much as you know- and we'll see if we can help?

Aliza

nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nmaritch » 22 Mar 2010, 03:57

Well I am trying to find various relatives from around the early part of the twentieth century. They were listed in one census but not the next, or the last record of them was the 1930 Census, but I have no death record because they didnt have a social security number.

For example: Filomena Totero born in Italy about 1866, married in 1885, had several children, immigrated to america, but the last know record of her was the 1910 Census, by the 1920 census her husband was married to someone else. How do I know or find out exactly when she died.

Thanks,
NM

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 22 Mar 2010, 11:16

Some states make this pretty painless, even to the point of having online index searches which will at least give you the date of death.

So, what states are we most likely talking about?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nmaritch » 22 Mar 2010, 12:02

Wisconsin, mainly.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 22 Mar 2010, 12:17

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”