Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Joyj65

Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames

Postby Joyj65 » 15 Mar 2004, 20:21

I am looking for information connecting the two surnames. My grandmother, Maria DiMaggio Agrusa, was first cousin to Joe DiMaggio, baseball great. She married Joseph Agrusa and gave birth to nine children. Both grandparents orginated from Sicily and eventually resided in Huntington Park, California. My father is Frank Agrusa, youngest of the nine children. Other related surnames are Chrico, Mazzola, Tiritilli, Militello, Borgogna among others. Thanks!

Joy Agrusa Rocha :D

akrupp

Re: Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames

Postby akrupp » 17 Feb 2007, 15:22

Joyj65 wrote:I am looking for information connecting the two surnames. My grandmother, Maria DiMaggio Agrusa, was first cousin to Joe DiMaggio, baseball great. She married Joseph Agrusa and gave birth to nine children. Both grandparents orginated from Sicily and eventually resided in Huntington Park, California. My father is Frank Agrusa, youngest of the nine children. Other related surnames are Chrico, Mazzola, Tiritilli, Militello, Borgogna among others. Thanks!

Joy Agrusa Rocha :D
Hi Joy,

I am new to this site, but I have been doing extensive research on my family and have a branch of my family with the Agrusa name and the Militello name. My Great Grandmother's brother was Pasquale born in 1878 (the same as your grandfather). He was born in Balestrate, Sicily and married Josephine Militello. They moved to CA, but may at sometime lived in Detroit where my Great Grandmother lived along with other Agrusa's. Last year I went back to Balestrate to visit the places of my ancestors and met some Agrusa family members that stayed in Sicily. My family decends from Guiseppe (Joseph) Agrusa born in 1852 and Married Josephine Tocco. Please contact me if this at all is a lead for you. I have more information and photos. you can email me at sardinesanyone@yahoo.com.

andy

Return to “Italian Genealogy”