PETRONE family in Benevento / Rhode Island

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Petrojo

PETRONE family in Benevento / Rhode Island

Postby Petrojo » 23 Mar 2010, 23:36

Hello, this seems like a very nice forum!

I am looking for information on my great grandfather's parents in Italy.

His name was Leone Petrone (1888-1945). According to Castlegarden his last place of residence was "S MACOLA C" which I am guessing is San Marco la Catola but I'm not sure. Last province of residence was Benevento.

He came to Providence, RI in 1900. I have done some research on his life in the United States. He was a barber, married Antoinetta Cicchetti (Nov. 15, 1908) and they had several children (Giovanni, Pasquale, Benjamin, Felice, Antonio, Anna).

Thank you! :D

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: PETRONE family in Benevento / Rhode Island

Postby Tessa78 » 24 Mar 2010, 03:47

Welcome to the forum! :-)

You might want to explore the microfilmed records of San Marco la Catola at the nearest Mormon Family History Center. For a small fee you can rent the film for a month. The records can only be viewed at the center. Records are available for 1809-1929, and are in Italian.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... an+Marco++

Go to www.familysearch.org and scroll down to enter your zip code and find the nearest center.

T.

Petrojo

Re: PETRONE family in Benevento / Rhode Island

Postby Petrojo » 24 Mar 2010, 16:25

Thank you very much for providing me with some direction! I will certainly follow up on it. According to the site there is a Family Research Center in my area. :wink:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”