Surname Zarelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rjsmommy08

Surname Zarelli

Postby rjsmommy08 » 25 Mar 2010, 01:25

I am trying to put together a family tree. I am stuck at the moment. I am trying to find information on a Natale Zarelli who lived in Cosenza Italy. He was born in 1827 and died in 1902. He was married to a Rosa (Bastone). I am wanting to know who his parents were and any other information I can find. I know they had 9 children and I know at least 2 of there son's, Angelo & Diamante James came over to the US and lived in the Vancouver Canada area. If anyone knows where I can look or has anything to offer please let me know. I have tried Ancestory.com and can't find any other information. Thanks!!

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname Zarelli

Postby VaDeb » 25 Mar 2010, 02:51

Hi and welcome to the forum

In general it is difficult to find info on the web from Italy. One of your best sources is microfilm from LDS Family history center if the vital records of your comune have been microfilmed.

Cosenza is a town and a province in Italy. Do you know if you family was from the town of Cosenza?

You do have some luck, as the Archives of Cosenza have put some vital records online. You have to register and its free. If your records are there they will link to the actual copies of the record.
(edited to correct web site)

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces

Have fun searching.

Debbie

rjsmommy08

Postby rjsmommy08 » 25 Mar 2010, 13:06

Yes that is the town where they are from. I found that information out from my grandma and also through Ancestory.com.

Thank you very much for that link. I will be trying it as soon as I am done on here. I am crossing my fingers that I find something. :D

Shelby

Diamantez

Postby Diamantez » 12 Nov 2016, 03:49

My Grandfather was Diamante Zarelli, a very colorful character during the Gold Rush. He was also a very successful businessman. I have been to Co send a and still have relatives there. If I can help you, please send email to diamantez@yahoo.com.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”