Looking for Info on Pellecchia and Spagnolo family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rapma2000

Looking for Info on Pellecchia and Spagnolo family

Post by rapma2000 »

Hi

I am looking for any information on Family from the town of Avellino. My grandfather was born there in 1909 and emigrated to U.S. in 1911. His name was Americo Anthony Pellecchia, his parents are Carmine and Caroline(Spagnolo). I am planning a trip to Italy in November and want to visit the town, and maybe even find some relatives. I am collecting more family info. Any help is appreciated.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Info on Pellecchia and Spagnolo family

Post by vj »

Hello!

This may help you locate family currently living in Avellino.

White pages:
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html

Form Letter to a Possible Relative
rapma2000

Post by rapma2000 »

Thanks for the form letter, thats great. I did find that whitepage link already, and was going to either call some people or maybe write to them. I just dont have any specific names and did not realize there were that many Pellecchia's in Avellino. Will give it a try. :)
gunman40

Post by gunman40 »

your grandfather americo is my uncle mo-- as we called him.
rapma2000

Post by rapma2000 »

Hi yes that's him, Who is this? My name is Ron Pellecchia, my father is also Ron. My grandmothers name was Marie. When I visited Italy in 2010 I went to Avellino and found the church he was christened in and the street where his family lived, however the home was not there. Much of the town was heavily damaged by an earthquake. Tried to find some relatives there but had no success. Found a lot of Pellecchia's but none said they were related.
gunman40

Post by gunman40 »

i am darren Pellecchia. aunt Marie and uncle moe (tony) as we called him. my dad and your grandfather were brothers.
i am trying to remember Ron. i remember Carol & Timmy -- my cousins.