need some advice.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

need some advice.

Postby ChrisMosca » 27 Mar 2010, 06:58

First of all I always have to give thanks for all the help I've gotten in this forum.

My question is my great-grandfather Marino Pizzoglio was born 26 aug 1888 in Valle San Nicolao, Biella. His youngest brother Guido Emilio was born in Buenos aires, Argentina in 1907, I've been trying to find when they left italy but I cannot find the date, will the Comune of Valle San Nicolao have information on when they left? they had to leave between 1888 and 1907 the second part of my question is does the comune have or keep records when people come back to the their comunes? reason is that their Father Emilio when Marino passed away in 1926 in Argentina his death certificate notes that his father Emilio was residing in Italy, when the younger brother Guido Emilio got married in 1937 it says his father Emilio was dead. I've sent letters to the Registro Civil in argentina to see if he died in Argentina but they couldn't find anything for him, I'm assuming that he died in italy?

thanks!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: need some advice.

Postby maestra36 » 27 Mar 2010, 22:47

Some towns did keep what were called emigration registers. You would have to check with the registry or anagrafe office for your town to see if they kept such registers of those who left and/or returned to your town.

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: need some advice.

Postby maestra36 » 27 Mar 2010, 22:55

http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm

Italians to Argentina databank. You need to make up a user name and password. There are 4 people in the databank with your surname. Problem with the website is that it does not allow you to do a sound search of the surname, so you may have to try to vary the spelling yourself to get more names to appear.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”