Jacob Diandi and Philomine Martini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jbutcher

Jacob Diandi and Philomine Martini

Postby jbutcher » 01 Apr 2010, 03:25

Angelina Diandi was born 28 Mar 1860 in Italy and died 11 May 1909 in Osceola, Houghton, Michigan, USA. I have found the death certificate of Angelina Diandi who married Francesco Ostenzi Oct. 13, 1880 in Michigan. It lists her father as Jacob Diandi and her mother as Philomine Martini. I am thinking that they may have been from Lucca or San Pietro a Vico because of a "Dianda" who also lived in the same vicinity as Angelina and Francesco in Michigan. Is there a good way to search for her mother and father? I do not know how to proceed. Thanks.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Jacob Diandi and Philomine Martini

Postby PeterTimber » 01 Apr 2010, 03:38

www.angelfire.com/ok3/ pearls of wisdom/italian-form-letters.html and send requests for documents which are located in the town of origin for any births,marriages or deaths. It is free of charge and send to Ufficio di Stato Civile, MUNICIPIO , address located under www.nonsolocap.it. =Peter=
~Peter~

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Jacob Diandi and Philomine Martini

Postby suanj » 01 Apr 2010, 11:30

Hi,
I found only the arrival of Francesco; no birth town:
Cognome
OSTENSI

Nome
FRANCESCO

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
ANTWERP

Nave
NEDERLAND

Data d'arrivo
3/30/1880
I cannot find the arrival of Angelina... maybe it could be helpful to find the ship's manifest...
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”