Catarina Mauro born in Santa Maria Capua Vetere

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
steps3

Catarina Mauro born in Santa Maria Capua Vetere

Postby steps3 » 05 Apr 2010, 20:09

Looking for more information on Catarina Mauro born August 26 1886 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere.....married in December 1905.

steps3

Re: Catarina Mauro born in Santa Maria Capua Vetere

Postby steps3 » 05 Apr 2010, 20:14

steps3 wrote:Looking for more information on Catarina Mauro born August 26 1886 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere.....married in December 1905.
Specifically I'm looking for information about her parents in Italy. I believe she MAY have had a brother Pasquale. She married Errico Avventino but I do not believe Avventino is the correct last name--I'm not sure. Errico had a step-brother Gioacchino Ardente.

If I anyone can help me locate Caterina's parents name and a marriage record that would be fantastic!!! Thank you!

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 05 Apr 2010, 21:34

Hello
This may help:

Requesting records by writing to the comune:

Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Note from member pink67 (Laura):
If the document is for citizenship purpose you have to ask for the "Estratto dell'atto di nascita in modello plurilingue"

Address:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Santa Maria Capua Vetere
Via Albana 90
81055 Santa Maria Capua Vetere CE
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/campania/29-sa ... ua-vetere/
---

Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 05 Apr 2010, 22:14

steps3,
I am currently reviewing film from 1886 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere. Provide me exactly what you need and I will try to locate and scan the record for you. Is Mauro her surname or married name? Is there likely any alternate spelling?
The birth record may have an annotation about her marriage that may help you. I don't currently have a 1905 film on loan at LDS. Maybe in the future.
I have a number of films on loan. Let me know what else you may need.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

steps3

Postby steps3 » 05 Apr 2010, 23:02

Thank you so much...I've exhausted all efforts online that I can see. Mauro is Caterina's maiden name. I've located the death certificates and obituaries here in the US for Caterina Mauro and Errico Avventino (here in Ohio he changed his name to Henry Aventino). Unfortunately none of the documentation listed parents or were marked "unknown". I found the ship manifest from 1906 and they were listed as going to live with a cousin with the last name Raffaele. (I could not read the first name). I'm not sure who's side the cousin is on. The reason I believe that Aventino is not really the husband's last name is from the brother Gioacchino Ardente's ship manifest. The last name of Gioacchino's father is hard to decipher but it is certainly not Aventino...also Gioacchinio notes that he is going to live with his step-brother Errico (last name again I'm not able to decipher but again definetly not Aventino....possibly Teutini?) I will attempt to try the form letter thank you, and Jim if you run across any Catarina Mauro's in your 1886 films I would be very appreciative if you would share!

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 06 Apr 2010, 19:59

steps3,
I found Caterina Mauro birth act in 1886 film. If you need the scanned record, please let me know and I will send it to you. If you don't read Italian, maybe one of the many posters on the forum will translate it for you.
Good Luck,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1886.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

steps3

Postby steps3 » 06 Apr 2010, 20:36

OMG! Thank you so much! How lucky I was that you were researching 1886 records! Sadly I don't know how to read italian :( Do I just hope someone will click the link your provided and translate for me or do I try to type it out? I'm new to this...

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 06 Apr 2010, 20:43

I'm sure someone will accommodate you. We all read most of the threads in the various categories. I'm willing to bet someone will translate it real soon for you.
Let me know if this image is sufficient or if you need the scanned document for your records.

Jim
Jim

steps3

Postby steps3 » 06 Apr 2010, 20:46

Thanks Jim...I emailed you under private messages with my email address if you are able to send the scanned copy that would be fabulous! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! This certainly will help me when I try to find the marriage record correct?

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 06 Apr 2010, 20:50

Unfortunately, there is no annotation on the birth record regarding a marriage. Did she marry in U.S. or S.M.? Normally, if she married in her home town, there would be an annotation about the matrimoni act.
However, her parents are listed on the birth act.

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 06 Apr 2010, 20:53

Document is dated Aug 26, 1886 at 9 a.m in the town hall. Tommaso Mauro, age 28, a farmer appeared to announce the birth of his daughter. She was born at 3 a.m, in the house at #7 via Campania to his wife, Rosa Moronese, the lady of the house, who was living with him. He was the one who presented the infant to the town official and told him that infant was being named Caterina. Witnesses were Antonio Castaldo, age 55, a shoemaker, and Raffaela di Nardo, age 32, a farmer. The infant was born on the 26th. (the day above of the current month). The document was read aloud by the town official because the parties who had intervened were all illiterate. For this reason, only he signed the document.

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 06 Apr 2010, 21:01

How is that for quick action? The people on this forum are amazing. I knew you wouldn't have to wait long. Everyone is eager to help.
Check your E-mail for the scan.

Jim
Jim

steps3

Postby steps3 » 06 Apr 2010, 21:03

I'm about to cry! Thank you sooo much for the translation! Jim...per the Naturalization Records for Henry Aventino it says he married Caterina Mauro in December 1905 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere. Am I going to have a lot of difficulty trying to find the marriage record with just her name in that year? I've never tried the LDS microfilm search...

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 06 Apr 2010, 21:17

I have just ordered some new films that I need, but 1905 was not one of them. If you have access to an LDS center, you can look at the index of films for Santa Maria, and order the film(s) that may have the matrimoni act you need. When you read the microfilm, you will possibly see an index (very helpful) or you will look at every matrimoni act until you find the one that has the names Aventino/Mauro. Some records are easier to read than others. It can be challenging but very rewarding when a record is found.
I think the charge is $5.85 for a month rental once the film arrives. You must view the film only at the LDS center. The hours for your local center should be listed on their web site.
If all of this is too overwhelming or finding an LDS center close by is a problem, send me an e-mail and I may be able to help the cause for you.

Jim
Jim

Return to “Italian Genealogy”