Capaldis/Martelettes

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lisacap

Capaldis/Martelettes

Postby lisacap » 07 Apr 2010, 11:58

Hi

I have just stumbled across this forum and so happy I did. I have been tracing the Capaldi family tree for many years. I am from Bristol, England. I am related to both Capaldis and Martelettes. The Martelettes mentioned below, John, Michael, Corinne are my fathers first cousins and Lucy is my dearest Great Aunty (My Grandfathers sister), their father was Orazio. I would love to chat more on this. I have been told Mrs Martelette (Mother to my Great Uncles Tony and John) used to run a boarding house. My Grandfather and Grandmother lived with her for some time. I would love to chat more on this.

stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Capaldis/Martelettes

Postby stuartcapaldi » 07 Apr 2010, 12:10

Hello

Check out Jamie Capaldi posts he is also researching Capaldi family in Bristol.

I have researched my Capaldi line from San Giuseppe, Picinisco.

Please look at my web site www.capaldi-clan.com to see my family tree and all the names associated with my family.

If there is any information relevant to your Capaldi line please get in touch

Thanks
Stuart Capaldi

maenadpl

Postby maenadpl » 08 Apr 2010, 06:31

Hi Lisa COCOZZA/PANETTA/CAPALDI/MARTELETTE BRISTOL
In 1901 Census, John (Johanen) and Rose Capaldi lived at No.9 and 10 Montague Street, St. James, Bristol as did many many other Italians from the turn of 20th century. Amongst their children was Carmela who was born abt 1896 (she is listed as Saramella but it's a mistake in deciphering her name). When 18 years, she was godmother to our grandfather's (Giovanni Cocozza) third child Violet Coelestis, in Bristol. Giovanni had a half or step brother, Agostino Panetta, and in 1911 Census they were both living at 10 Harford St. St. James, Bristol.
Our Cocozza family used to visit Mrs. Martelette in St. James frequently. She did run a boarding house for Italian coal miners amongst other Italians.
We are trying to establish whether Capaldis and Martelettes are relatives or just friends.
Also have you checked out John Cordwell (lives in UK) on Ancestry.com. He is related to Capaldis and has a lot of info although some years old now. And of course Jamie and Stuart Capaldi have heaps of info. Good luck. If I discover anything, will advise. Rgds, Helen Lewis (maenadpl)

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 12 Apr 2010, 09:15

Hello, i share the same ancestors as you. Orazio was my GGrandfathers Brother. He married Maria Grazia Innelli in Dublin. What information do you have?
Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

Return to “Italian Genealogy”