Paitani / Lupi - Arcola, Aulla, La Spezia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tgjoe

Paitani / Lupi - Arcola, Aulla, La Spezia

Post by tgjoe »

Hi,

Looking for any information on my Grandparents Maria Paitani and Cesare Lupi. My mother Cesarina was born in 1926 in Arcola in the province of la Spezia, so they would have married before this date. There is also a connection to Aulla

My grandparents moved to Firenze some time before WW2.

Cheers
Joe
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Paitani / Lupi - Arcola, Aulla, La Spezia

Post by maestra36 »

This is the official website for the town of Arcola.

http://www.comune.arcola.sp.it/hh/index ... &lang_eg=2.

There is a flag at the upper right corner which should allow you to translate this website into English, but it does not appear to do so when you click on it.

You may want to try to email the town's secretary to see about getting information on this family.

segretario.comunale@comune.arcola.sp.it

I don't specifically see an email address for the town's anagrafe or registry office on this website, which is actually the office you need to get vital records information from concerning your ancestors. You can click on Il Comune Informa in the goldish color bar near the top of this page. On the next screen which appears, go down to where it says Uffici Comunali and, when you click on that, you will get a lot of email addresses for the various town offices.
tgjoe

Post by tgjoe »

Thanks
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Are you sure about the lastname Paitani?... looks like it doesn't exist today in Italy:

digit Paitani in "cognome"

http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html

Laura