DeBuono

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
meyerott

DeBuono

Postby meyerott » 08 Apr 2010, 14:09

I'm trying to find the following people and their parents. Gaspare is my great grandfather.

Gaspare DeBuono born abt 1876
Concetta Marigliano DeBuono

I have been told they are from Castrolibero, cosenza, itlay

I would be interested in their marriage cert as well.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: DeBuono

Postby pink67 » 08 Apr 2010, 16:33

Maybe this document may be helpful:

From Ancestry.com:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Gaspero Deburns
Name: Gaspero Deburns
County: Lake
State: Illinois
Birth Date: 23 Jun 1873
Race: White
FHL Roll Number: 1614030
DraftBoard: 1

image:

and 1902 arrival for Concetta Marigliano, age 28, married, last residence in Italy Castrolibero, joining her huusband Gaspare Debuono in Chicago (possibily they were married in Castrolibero):

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0027

You can check this very helpful site:

http://poster.beniculturali.it/poster/a ... on&lang=en

you have to register but it's free... There is only one De Buono Gaspare born in Castrolibero... birth dates are not matching with the U.S. military enlistment though..

Nominativo: de buono gaspare
Luogo di nascita: castrolibero

Data di nascita: 13/06/1875
Professione: contadino

Citazione: recluta (tipo atto Leva) Vedi atto

Citazione: recluta (tipo atto Leva) Vedi atto

image:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq50VXi

If this record is correct then Gaspare father's is unknown, mother's name is Maria...

Laura

meyerott

Re: DeBuono

Postby meyerott » 19 Apr 2010, 14:38

Thank you so much for this information. It turns out that everything is correct. We are not sure why the birth dates don't match up. Maybe they were written down wrong??/ anyway, since you were so helpful maybe you can help me with the next step. I have searched all over the internet looking for the marriage certificate of Gaspare De Buono and Concetta Marigliano and I can't find it. I can't read Italian and it makes the searching difficult. Do you know of any places I can look?

Also we are trying to find information on Gaspare's mother, Maria. We are wondering when she may have passed away and if she had any other children. We have found some records from ancestry showing Gaspare coming to the US in 1900 and again in 1908 and seeing his brother Guiseppe De Buono in Chicago, but we never knew of a brother.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you so much for your help so far!!!

Michelle

Return to “Italian Genealogy”