Ohio and West Virginia Events - actual images available

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Ohio and West Virginia Events - actual images available

Postby donnawright » 08 Apr 2010, 23:56

http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx

I posted this link as an answer to someone's post and thought I would post it here for others to see.

I was looking for "things" Ohio and stumbled across the WV link. So far, I have no connection to WV and don't know why exactly I ventured into the site. I admit that I have not scoured the site thoroughly to see what else is there, but it looks like a beautiful site.

I DID find the marriage license (Actual image) of my aunt and uncle that took place in Columbia County, Ohio. I do not know why an Ohio record is in a WV location, buit it certainly is. I tested other known Ohio events, and they are not all there, but a find is a find no matter how you look at it and where you find it!

The link above is for births, deaths, and marriages. There might be other treasures there too -- both Ohio and WV. Happy hunting.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Ohio and West Virginia Events - actual images available

Postby VaDeb » 09 Apr 2010, 01:47

Hi Donna

Thanks - I found a few old marriage records for collateral lines. Are you sure the record you found was not from Ohio County, WV?

I found some records for folks from Ohio, but married in WV.

Debbie

donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby donnawright » 09 Apr 2010, 03:17

Debbie, I looked again. This family immigrated to Wellsville OH in Columbiana County. As it turns out, the marriage license I mentioned was obtained in Hancock County WV and the marriage took place in Wellsville OH. That explains why the WV document! I didn't really study it... just found it quickly and didn't even notice the Hancock County form that they filled out. It's nice to find a place that puts documents out there. Glad you found something.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 10 Apr 2010, 10:30

I love the WV site. I have been looking at it for years and not too long ago finally was able to track a whole family using the databases. Definitely a very useful site!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jo123 » 10 Apr 2010, 12:50

Hi,
Does anyone know if any other states have this kind of online database. I am trying to track down a death certificate of my Great Grandfather Cosmo Monterosso who died in around 1928. We think it was in either Pittsburgh or New Jersey but no one really knows.

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 10 Apr 2010, 14:08

As far as I can tell, neither NJ nor Pittsburgh have online vital records databases. There are records for Philadelphia online, but that doesn't help you.

Squigy
Master
Master

Postby Squigy » 16 Apr 2010, 07:25

donnawright wrote:http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx

I posted this link as an answer to someone's post and thought I would post it here for others to see.

I was looking for "things" Ohio and stumbled across the WV link. So far, I have no connection to WV and don't know why exactly I ventured into the site. I admit that I have not scoured the site thoroughly to see what else is there, but it looks like a beautiful site.

I DID find the marriage license (Actual image) of my aunt and uncle that took place in Columbia County, Ohio. I do not know why an Ohio record is in a WV location, buit it certainly is. I tested other known Ohio events, and they are not all there, but a find is a find no matter how you look at it and where you find it!

The link above is for births, deaths, and marriages. There might be other treasures there too -- both Ohio and WV. Happy hunting.

Donna

Hi, Donna. I've been using this website for a while now, and I love it! It really is amazing! I too have posted the link to it on a few other websites (and this one). My paternal grandfather has deep roots in WV, and I have been able to trace a lot of his genealogy back to 1800 with this site. Truly amazing.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito

Return to “Italian Genealogy”