Battaglia ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Battaglia ancestors

Postby pasquale-scafati » 10 Apr 2010, 05:20

hello my name is Pasquale I come from Scafati (Salerno)
thanks to this site I could find my parents left for America but now I want to know more about their grandchildren and if theres any descendants still living.
My great grandfather name is Giuseppe Battaglia( approx birth year 1854) He came to America with his son Alfonso(birth year in 1874) in 1892 settled in Providence RI in 1899 and later were joined by his wife Rosa Maisano(approx birth year 1844) and daughter Antonietta Battaglia(approx birth 1885).
I am sure that Alfonso never married and that he wanted to return to Italy around 1930/1940 but was poisoned the night before leaving I know these formations through my old aunt who was in contact with relatives of america.
then I would look for possible children of Antonietta Battaglia living in Providence RI. also looking at the Ship Manifest I'm see that, Rosa Maisano and Antonietta Battaglia in 1899 traveling with his nephew Gaetano D'Alessio (the surname is Gaetano) son of one of Giuseppe Battaglia sisters.
I also know that they probably own a italian restaurant in Providence.
all were in Providence RI because on ship manifest said that they ranged from Giusppe in Providence with its address, but I can't understand,
I enclose the link of the Ship Manifest below if anyone understands him I would be grateful.
Thank you so much sorry for my bad english

Giuseppe Battaglia ... &line=0009

Maisano Rosa ... &line=0027

Re: Battaglia ancestors

Postby pink67 » 10 Apr 2010, 06:16

Related post here: ... 16235.html

Pasquale, meglio non aprire piu' post sullo stesso argomento perchè diventa troppo dispersivo :wink:

Vediamo cosa si trova d'altro... :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”