Bertani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Bertani

Postby sdlbert » 28 Mar 2004, 02:55

I am searching for the family of Armando Bertani, born in Italy around 1883 to the family of the famous Bertani winery. He married Pia Campana and moved to the US and Canada.
I would like to know the parents and siblings of Armando...they stayed in Italy.
Stephanie
sdlbert

Re: Bertani

Postby suanj » 28 Mar 2004, 06:37

sdlbert wrote:
I am searching for the family of Armando Bertani, born in Italy around 1883 to the family of the famous Bertani winery. He married Pia Campana and moved to the US and Canada.
I would like to know the parents and siblings of Armando...they stayed in Italy.
Stephanie

HI: for Armando Montella on ellisisland are record: born in Montella(Avellino province-Campania region). But Bertani winary (by Giovanbattista and Gaetano Bertani -year 1857)is in Verona area-Veneto region(Quinto di Valpantena and Grezzana towns) http://www.bertani.net/eng/frame.htm
very distant from Montella...
In Montella currently not are Bertani persons and in all Avellino area..
regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Bertani

Postby sdlbert » 28 Mar 2004, 07:32

Dear Suanj,
Thank you for writing. I am confused by your reply regarding Armando Montella.
My husbands paternal grandfather was Armando Bertani. He married Pia Campana.
Is there a way to research his family history online? I can not seem to find a web site that lists births, and marriages for Italy.
Armando used to tell the story of his family buying a vineyard from another family, and starting the Bertani winery. He was very proud of his family. Around the beginning of the 1900's Armando and his wife Pia, moved to America. Armando sold his share of the winery to his brother...unfortunately, we do not know his name.
I am only interested in the family heritage.
My husband's mother was also first generation American. His maternal great grandparents were James and Giacinta Calvitti Lalley. Their daughter Maria Lalley was born Oct. 17, 1885 in Italy. She later married Vincenzo Conti.
I do not know where each set of grandparents entered the United States. But, I do know that they were using the names of Bertani and Conti.
Thank you for any help that you can give me.
Sincerely,
Stephanie
sdlbert

Postby suanj » 28 Mar 2004, 11:49

Dear Stephanie, on ellis island, on ship's manifest are only an Armando Bertani coming from Montella and the age is compatible with emigration year, please read this http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... &dwpdone=1
also and an Armando Bertani born 2 Sep 1883 (on familysearch.org)
but is possible existing an other Armando Bertani homonymus.
Armando Bertani is emigrated in USA or in Canada?You have other details?
regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby nikkib » 16 Dec 2013, 08:47

I really hope someone can help me. My Grandfather was born in Italy in 1918-03-03 his name was DANTE BERTANI. He was sent to Durban South Africa as a prisoner of War and arrived here on 20/4/1942 where he was then relocated to Worchester in capetown. Is there any family that could please help me I need to know where he was born. He used to tell us about a Bertani winery in Italy. I found a letter from someone in Modena?
nikkib

Postby sdlbert » 16 Dec 2013, 22:57

Sorry, he is not directly related to my Bertani family.
sdlbert

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy