Question? Advice needed please ~

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Question? Advice needed please ~

Postby signoretti » 24 Apr 2010, 15:01

Ciao ~

Last Year in May of 2009 I sent a request to Rome kindly asking for my greatgrandmothers birth record.

Two months later in July 2009 I received an e-mail from Roma stating they needed 2 international postal coupons for my request.

I quickly bought the 2 international postal coupons and sent them to Roma within a week of receiving their email ( along with my international postal coupons I sent a copy of my original request and a copy of the email they sent me)

Three months later in the end of October 2009 I recieved an envelope in the mail from Roma (thinking these were the records I have been waiting for I was so excited) When I opened the envelpoe there was a letter stating they now need 2 more international postal coupons and 4 euros for my request. They wanted me to deposit the euros in their postal account and then send them the receipt of the deposit. Unfortunatly I cannot deposit the euros into their postal account from the United States.

In the begining of November 2009 I then sent to Roma 3 international postal coupons, 10 euro, and a copy of the letter they had sent me asking for the euros and postal coupons. (6 more euro than they wanted and an extra postal coupon, I kindly told them to keep the extra euros and treat themselves to coffee.)

Well now its April 2010 and I still have not heard anything from Roma, no emails, nothing in the mail, still waiting patiently.

Is this normal for Roma? Are they extrememly busy? Should I send a follow up letter or just wait?

I have a dual citizenship appt in San Fransisco next year in April 2011 and really need this record.

Other communes I have requested records from respond very quickly. I know those communes are alot smaller and I am sure they are nowhere as busy as Roma.

It seems like a year is a long time to wait :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Grazie ~ Grazie ~

Signoretti :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”