The surname Mininori from Ripacandida / Il cognome Mininori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carlrubino

The surname Mininori from Ripacandida / Il cognome Mininori

Postby carlrubino » 30 Apr 2010, 01:38

Hello - I am writing about a puzzling question about my Italian ancestry from Ripacandida. My great grandfather Donato Rubino (married to Maria Rita) came to Chicago from Ripacandida Italy in 1913. He was born August 20, 1884. He said that his mother's maiden name was "Mininori" - her full name was Rosa Mininori. I have never seen the surname Mininori anywhere in my research. Has anyone ever seen that name? Rosa Mininori was married to Michele Rubino. Thank you for your time,
Carl Rubino

misbris
Master
Master

Re: The surname Mininori from Ripacandida / Il cognome Minin

Postby misbris » 30 Apr 2010, 02:00

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The name Mininori does not appear in Italy today.

The name Minore appears in Ripacandida. Could that be it?

carlrubino

Re: The surname Mininori from Ripacandida / Il cognome Minin

Postby carlrubino » 30 Apr 2010, 02:05

Thanks for your quick reply, Misbris!! I really appreciate it. Yes, I have seen the name Minore in my preliminary research. I think the only way I authenticate the name Mininori is to get a hold of Donato Rubino's birth or baptism certificates in Ripacandida. I thought with such a unique name it would be easy to trace my family generations back, but I am still at a dead end.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”