surname Converso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
renatopenterich

surname Converso

Postby renatopenterich » 01 May 2010, 22:46

Does anyone have any information on surnames Converso or Delvecchio from Calabria? thank you very much!

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: surname Converso

Postby maestra36 » 02 May 2010, 16:59

Hello and welcome to this forum-
There are a lot of us on this forum who would like to help you, but you need to provide us with some specific information first. Who specifically are you searching for with those surnames? do you know their years of birth, marriage, death? what information do you already have? did they come to the U.S.? if so, do you know where they settled? do you have passenger lists, census records, etc? Help us to help you.

renatopenterich

Re: surname Converso

Postby renatopenterich » 03 May 2010, 01:46

thanks for responding. I'm looking for my great grandparents - named Francesco Converso and Theresa Del Vecchio. They arrived in Brazil around 1880's - 1890's. They were originaly from Calabria. I researched online and found out surnames Converso and Delvecchio were in the ships arriving in Argentina. I believe they first went to Argentina, then to Sao Paulo, Brazil, where they stayed and had children (my granparents). At this point that's all I know.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”