Faa di Bruno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Laurenadi

Faa di Bruno

Postby Laurenadi » 03 May 2010, 20:36

My family is related to the Faa di Bruno family of nobles, and their descendent Antonino Faa di Bruno, who was an Italian actor.
He was even in a Fellini film.
Is there any way I can find out if he had children or grandchildren? I haven't been able to find biographies or an obituary online that would tell me if the Faa di Bruno line was carried on.

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Faa di Bruno

Postby juanminbar » 03 May 2010, 21:19

Faà di Bruno is the name of an Italian noble family based in the areas of Asti, Casale, and Alessandria, which provided the Counts (later Marquises) of Bruno. Prominent members included:

Giovanni Matteo Faà di Bruno was a musician of some importance from Casale who published two books of madrigals as well as vespers, psalms, motets and settings of the Magnificat.[1] He was invested as first Count of Bruno in 1588.
Camilla Faà di Bruno, (c.1599–1662), a society beauty who was married secretly, briefly and morganatically to Ferdinando I the Gonzaga Duke of Mantua and Monferrato; her memoirs have been described as the first prose autobiography written by an Italian woman.
Ferdinando Faà di Bruno became the first Marquis of Bruno when the county was elevated into a marquisate on 31 March 1652.
Ortensio Faà di Bruno (fl. 1686) was Abbot of Carentini, which enabled him to pursue his criminal tendencies in a state of legal immunity.
Antonino Faà di Bruno (bishop) (1762–1829), Bishop of Asti.
Alessandro Faà di Bruno (1809–1891), a member of the Accademia di Agricoltura di Torino[2] he was an innovator in the field of agriculture. His estate was one of the largest in the areas of Alessandria and Acqui and he experimented with growing the North-American saagaban as a potato substitute crop.[3][4]
Emilio Faà di Bruno (1820–1866), officer of the Regia Marina; as commander of the ironclad frigate “Re D’Italiaâ€

aiescavol
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Faa di Bruno

Postby aiescavol » 04 May 2010, 10:13

Antonino Faa di Bruno born in 1911. I know that descend from EMilio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”