Lists for sources

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
decrima

Lists for sources

Postby decrima » 04 May 2010, 15:04

Hi, my name is Mike DeCriscio and I'm researching my roots from Riccia.

My main question is not on help for finding relatives, but finding reliable sources. I've been looking for awhile and I've tracked down the following:

1. microfilm sources of civil registration from riccia through the LDS
2. census records from ancestry 1930
3. some copies of obituaries from altoona, PA (where the family settled in US)
4. Ship manifests from Ellis Island archives
5. some SSDI listings (unfortunately none for my great-grandfather or g-great grandfather.)
6. I'm in the process of getting birth, death and marriage records for my grandfather (born in the US)

So in everyone's opinion, what/where else should I be looking up?

Biff83 found a passport application image in this post for my great-grandfather:

http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... 19897.html

Originally posted by a distant cousin who I am unfamiliar with, Biff83 was able to find these images and I feel like a complete breakthrough, as these had tons of details about my great-grandfather. (In addition to a picture of a relative I'd never seen!).

My question is where do you get that? Microfilm archives? Are there any other online sources I haven't tapped that I should have?

I still need some kind of obituary or grave for my great-grandfather Michael and his father Saverio (which I'm guessing got changed to Samuel).

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”