Sirianni family in Decollatura, Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dserianni

Sirianni family in Decollatura, Calabria

Postby dserianni » 05 May 2010, 20:54

I am researching my Sirianni family in Decollatura, Calabria. My grandfather was Antonio Sirianni, born 12/1/1882 in San Bernardo, Decollatura to Bernardo Sirianni (b. 1853) and Maria Scalzo. He had sisters Rachela and Feliciana and a brother Raffaele. He immigrated to the US in 1905, going initially to Utica, NY and finally settling in Rochester, NY. Would love to hear from anyone out there connected to this family.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Sirianni family in Decollatura, Calabria

Postby Biff83 » 06 May 2010, 01:10

Hi!

My aunt Lena Bifano/Epifano married Giuseppe Sirianni, born 6 Feb 1900 in Decollatura, who was the son of Antonio Sirianni and Concetta Bonacci. Concetta emigrated on the Cretic and entered the US on 5 Dec 1905 with son Giuseppe and other children, Pietro, Maria, Teresa, Giuseppe, Filomena, and Santa Sirianni to Carbondale PA to join husband/father Antonio Sirianni who came over first. There were and still are a number of families in Carbondale who can trace their roots back to Decollatura. Mary Jo Loyd and Sam Tomaino have extracted all the LDS birth, death and marriage records for Decollatura from 1810-1860, and reconstructed all the families. Link to their site is below.
http://www.italygenes.com/cerrisi.html

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

dserianni

Re: Sirianni family in Decollatura, Calabria

Postby dserianni » 04 Jun 2010, 16:23

Thanks Biff. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Mary Jo and Sam have helped tremendously in my research. They were able to tie me back several generations via a very distant cousin in Australia. I do know my grandfather came here to see an uncle Raffaele, and originally went to Utica, NY before coming to Rochester. I haven't been able to find a thing about Raffaele though.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”