Tabone family from Serradifalco, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dserianni

Tabone family from Serradifalco, Sicily

Post by dserianni »

Researching my wifes Tabone family, originally from Serradifalco, Caltanisetta Province in Sicily. Her grandfather was Carmelo Tabone, born 4/7/1882 in Serradifalco to Michaelangelo Tabone. He had a brother Moise Tabone who came to the US and settled in Buffalo, NY by way of Pittston, PA. Carmelo married Maria Gerace Alessi, born 3/28/1884 also in Serradifalco. They also settled in Pittston, PA and eventually moved to Rochester, NY. Would love to hear from anyone out there connected to this family.
dserianni

Re: Tabone family from Serradifalco, Sicily

Post by dserianni »

Also, it's my understanding that the name Gerace/Geraci was originally spelled DiGraci in Serradifalco.
Janet Patterson

Post by Janet Patterson »

Hi: I am related to your wife. Moise Tabone was my great grandfather. Carmelo was his brother. Moise married Maria Lombardo. Their oldest daughter, Rose was my grandmother. Modesto (Marty) Alessi, is my grandfather. He is the son of your wife's grandmother, Maria Gerace Alessi. Maria was married previously to Charles Alessi. Maria and Charles Alessi had two sons, Modesto and Charles (not sure if he was a junior). Charles (senior) died in his 20's and Maria then married Carmelo Tabone who was Moise's brother and had more sons. In a strange twist Rose and Modesto met and married. I was born and raised in Buffalo. Who is your wife's father? I remember Pete, who was married to Pearl and Carmen growing up. Can't recall the other sons' names.
dserianni

Post by dserianni »

Hi Janet. Great to hear from you. My wife Maria's grandfather Carmelo had 4 sons: Michael, Sam, Peter and her father Carmelo. She has a brother Carl, 16 yrs older who lives in Missouri. If Uncle Marty and Aunt Rose are your grandparents, who are your parents? Is your mom Mary? Would love to hear more as I have been researching a long time on this family. You can email me at dserianni@yahoo.com.
TomandCarol

Post by TomandCarol »

Hi! My grandfathers name was Gaetano Tabone came from Sicily around 1926, on the boat to Ellis island is that name familiar to anyone? He resided in Auburn New York.