How to Search for Marriage and Death Certificates in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
flan8tive

How to Search for Marriage and Death Certificates in Italy

Postby flan8tive » 11 May 2010, 04:21

Hi-

New member here, great memories of Italy when my wife and travelled there. Can't wait to go back. I am also a big fan of Ducati bikes.

I have recently organized a large box of old family documents and I need to track down the second marriage of my grandfather and the death certificate for his wife. She was from the Turin area, he was a Romanian citizen at the time, and they married about 1937-1939. My grandfather was widowed from this marriage...but he was also trapped behind the Iron Curtain after 1944, and died shortly after gaining his freedom to Germany in 1964.

Where would I start to research a marriage from this period? My grandfather had a German name, and I am told his wife's last name was DeLonghi de la Casa (not easy to do a Google search on that) and she was divorced or widowed and had been married to someone with a title. I do not know when she died, or her birth date, but my grandfather was born in 1901 and she was supposedly a bit older than him.

All I have are a few pictures of her. Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”