D'Agostino / Giannandrea

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maretta

D'Agostino / Giannandrea

Post by maretta »

I'm looking for information on the D'Agostino family that would have lived in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido area. Maria Concetta D'Agostino - was born in Bristol, England (sorry don't have date to hand) and her father's name was Giovanni D'Agostino (Sant'Elia Fiumerapido). Maria Concetta returned to Italy with her family and she married a Giannandrea and they had a daughter in 1939 - Giuseppina. Giannandrea was murdered in the 1940's - I think Giuseppina Giannandrea may have been 3 or 4. A court case followed and a husband and wife team (have no names) were sentenced - he to death and she to prison (I think she later died in prison). I cannot find any information on this case and I'm not sure if has been published anywhere. Would be grateful for any help with this. Thx
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: D'Agostino / Giannandrea

Post by Emmy »

Sorry I didnt notice your post earlier.
When they returned to Italy did they return to Sant'Elia Fiumerapido? If he was murdered if/when they were living there I just wondered if there would have been any records kept of things like this at the comune where birth/ death records are kept.
Unfortunately the films available from the Family History Centre dont go up to the 1930's. Just thought there may have been something on his death record that may have been of help to you.
I have come across the surnames D'Agostino in some of the films of births/death etc in Sant'Elia but they are all in the 1800's and earlier.
Emmy
maretta

Post by maretta »

Yes, I think Maria Concetta moved back to and settled in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. It was her husband Giannandrea (surname) who was murdered. The D'Agostino's were certainly from the village but I'm not sure where Giannandrea was originally from. I'm sorry I haven't got all the dates. However, if I wanted to check out the death certificate, what offices should I go to / contact in Sant'Elia? Also, with a case such as this do you know if court papers are made available for viewing and again what offices would have these? Again, many thanks.
maretta

Post by maretta »

Sorry, just noticed in your post that you said the Comune that has birth/death certificates ;0)
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Yes it would be the comune that would have records of deaths etc Unfortunately,as I said , there would be no films you could hire from the FHC.
Here's a link that may help you.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/060/068/

Just in case you do want to research further back here's a link to the Familysearch.org where you can hire the films.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

This link takes you to the page that gives a list of all the films/records that are available to hire for births death and marriage for sant'Elia Fiumerapido:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Sant%27El++

Hope it is of some help
Emmy
ps I'm sure I have a death record with the surname Giannandrea I'm think its 1860's I'll go and check it out it may be an ancestor of the person you posting about. I'll post again soon when I find it.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Maretta
I found it but I doubt if it will be any help to you.
Death Record:
Year 1860 (index 12)
Giuseppa Antonia Giannandrea died age 6 days on the 28th February.
Father's name: Rosato Giannandrea
Mother's name: Angela Maria Petrucci

but one thing it does tell you that there was at least one Giannandrea in Sant'Elia at that time. That surname didnt appear very often in the records I have recorded. D'Agostino appears quite a number of times in past records for Sant'Elia.

Emmy
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Was Maria Concetta's Siblings:

Antonio -1893 - Bristol
Antonio - 1895 - Bristol
Nacenza - 1896 - Bristol
Gerardo - 1900 - Bristol
Alberto - 1903 - Bristol
Maria Asunta - 1904 - Bristol
Giovanni - 1909 - Bristol
?
Maria Concetta was 1907?
If Giovanni was her brother, i'm guessing they went back after 1909 and before 1911 as i cant find them on the 1911 cencus?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

What was Maria Concetta's Mothers name? Was it Maria Di Carlo??
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
charlessimar

Post by charlessimar »

Hi Maretta,
I'm Giussepina Giannandrea's son. She's the daughter of Maria Concetta D'Agostino and Guido Giannandrea. She's born in 1929 and is still alive today. After the death of Guido Giannandrea, Maria and Giussepina stayed in Italy. In the 1950's, Giussepina moved to Belgium. She's still living in Belgium today. Let me know if you want to contact us.
Charles Simar
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

The court records should be available at the state archives - I was able to purchase records of an ancestors trial. They can add up if you want the full trial.

Are you able to write a letter in Italian to the Archives to request the info?

By the way - court records are fascinating - I love reading all the details and the witness statements. I also got a little 'map' of where the murder took place.

Good luck with this!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database